• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brainwashed

Update. I have been fine tuning it mainly at the shock level from rates to shock travel. I found the combination that I lied was a medium rate for the front and a stuff for the rear with my 4" shocks limited at 1/4" of there travel.
So last night I finally decided to do something I have been contiplating for some time--I really wanted to lighten up the chassis but also run a very narrow chassis (and still run a 4 linked rig). Well after some drawings and work here is what I came up with.
Old vs. new
moa148.jpg

moa149.jpg

Got all new links made up and reworked the shocks how I wanted them. The front shocks did not change but the rear had more slant so I upped the rates just a bit and that should work pretty nice hopefully. I also redid the wiring and was able to squish the goods down on top of belly like I was hoping too..
moa152.jpg

I went with 3" belly--there aint crap for any wieght on the chassis now.
moa153.jpg

Underside shot...
moa154.jpg

Got the body back on and was only able to test it out on a new rock pile at my buddies--hope to do some testing on my familure places here this week to final tune it..

Hoping my brother in law wants it--you want one eric?

Yes please on a chassis:awesomework: I am finding the limits to the stock berg chassis. RIght now its limiting my flex.

If you are making chassis let me know how much you want for one. I think I will be ditching the body very shortly. I keep getting it stuck on things.

And of course Don has first dibs

Eric do you have a tap plastics down by you?

no tap, we have a kel tech plastics which I think is about the same but they dont sell small pieces that I know of. Best bet is their scrap bin which is only an iffy chance at best.

What do you need? Or what am I looking for?

no tap, we have a kel tech plastics which I think is about the same but they dont sell small pieces that I know of. Best bet is their scrap bin which is only an iffy chance at best.

What do you need? Or what am I looking for?

Looking for 3/8" and 5/16" sheets (and by that max size of 12"x12")

My bad--delrin :awesomework: Will be for skids and link material...

I will have to check, the problem is I dont really know what delrin looks like for sure and their scrap bin is not labeled.

I will figure it out.

I take it you take trades for a chassis? is that what I am looking at?

I will have to check, the problem is I dont really know what delrin looks like for sure and their scrap bin is not labeled.

I will figure it out.

I take it you take trades for a chassis? is that what I am looking at?

Exactly :awesomework:

No delrin at Keltech, they dont work with the stuff :booo:

would you be interusted in a trade for cash? I can write on the cash that it is for delrin?

Ok so I have been thinking hard and finally did it--built a new upper link mount for the rear.. It was a tricky lil bugger and is made from 3 pieces of material. I made the first one to get my measurements perfect on the final one.
moa155.jpg

moa156.jpg

moa157.jpg

moa158.jpg

And here it is mounted to the axle.
moa159.jpg

moa160.jpg

So now I have 1.5" of seperation at the diff. Also the key to the mount was getting the perfect angle on it since I am running the rod ends at that angle.

I had to give the upper links a tad of an "S" shape to work around the shock mounts and diff. But now the links don't hit anything.
moa161.jpg

But I think it turned out pretty good..
moa162.jpg