• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake questions

s10truggy

Ok I have a s10 on a fullsize 86 truck frame with a Dana 60 front axle and a 14 bolt in the rear I disc brake on the which are 80s model front calibers on the 14 bolt and regular one ton calibers on the front. My is that when I press the brake they low or the go just about to the floor they don't hold either I can pump them up and they just slowly leak some to the floor I done have a brake fuild leak I have a new master cylinders new lines I took the portional valve out the only is I am still using the s10 brake booster and master cylinder I have bleed the brakes three days in all row and also let the system bleed gravity style by cracking the right rear blessed for 30 mins can someone plz help with this brake issue

I replaced my s-10 mc for a suburban when i had 44's front and rear with discs and 36's.
Wish I had gone even bigger!

Doctor diic have to dispute you there have a buddy that is running the same set-up ahd is having no problem. I'm running a ford set-up in a ranger and don't have any problems. Sounds like you still have air in the system somewhere.Try opening the rear bleeders and taking the cap off and let them drain. Then do the same on the front.you need to let both bleeders open on front and rear not just one on each.

Hey doc got you a P>M>

Ok so the s10 master cylinder will work with the one ton calipers thanks I will try that in the morning

s10truggy said:
Ok so the s10 master cylinder will work with the one ton calipers thanks I will try that in the morning

It will work but you probably wont be happy with it after you get it bled out. IMO

I say junk the s10 brake booster and master cyl and get a hydroboost setup. Problem solved. U can find those pretty easy in junkyards just about anywere.

Bigrocks4x4 said:
I say junk the s10 brake booster and master cyl and get a hydroboost setup. Problem solved. U can find those pretty easy in junkyards just about anywere.

Or any MC off of a full size truck

A hydroboost setup is wat i wud put in it if it was mine. I had an old s10 cabtruck on a fullsize frame also way back in the day, and thats wat i put in it, u cud jus lay ur foot on the brake pedal and it wud stop on a dime :dblthumb:

Sure did. Its simple to hook up. The hydroboost has 3 ports. Pressure in, pressure out, and a return. Pressure line from the pump goes to the booster. Pressure line out of ur booster goes to ur orbital.

Bigrocks4x4 said:
Sure did. Its simple to hook up. The hydroboost has 3 ports. Pressure in, pressure out, and a return. Pressure line from the pump goes to the booster. Pressure line out of ur booster goes to ur orbital.

Then you have a return from the hydroboost and one from the orbital both going back to the reservoir?

Re: Re: Brake questions

I used a dodge 2500 master cylinder. It was a night and day difference, brakes use to slow me down when the pedal hit the floor, the 2500 feels like I could do an endo if I had no rear brakes.

Also its only 45 from oriellys. But you have to get fitting adapters the dodge is metric

jkh533 said:
Then you have a return from the hydroboost and one from the orbital both going back to the reservoir?

Yep. U'll have to tee in an extra return line to the pump. I had a little oil cooler on mine then back to the pump.

Bigrocks4x4 said:
Yep. U'll have to tee in an extra return line to the pump. I had a little oil cooler on mine then back to the pump.

Cooler after the tee I assume?

Any special vehicle application seem to work better? Stick with a chevy? Anything other than the diesels come with the hydroboost?

I know so many question are :gay: and I should :gtfo:

Yea it can b after the tee. Most of the hydro setups ive seen are pretty much the same as far as the booster part. From the 80's up chevys to even like a 02 powerstroke diesel booster. Just the way they mount up is the main diffrence. But since ur makin it fit anyway, any of em should work fine