• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brakes

yota8

I just replaced the brake master cylinder on my pathfinder... and bleed all the brakes... ok so now when i step on the brakes, all of them work, but how come the passenger side pulls? like the steering wheel will turn to the right if i hit on the brakes, and i dont think its the rear pass side either because i tried the ebrake and nothing happend there... any thoughts? thank you, mike :awesomework:

Sounds like a stuck caliper. Take it apart, push your cal's in with a c-clamp or a big pipe wrench. See which one wont.

oh ok, ya we did that origonally (sp) but then again we only did that to the right side... could the left side just not be workin?

Either that, or you've got a brake hose that's collapsing internally,not allowing fluid to move....check to see how easily the calipers push in, if they're pretty easy, then go for the hoses...the best way to figure out what's wrong is use a set of brake psi guages(the really cool sets give you actual dynamic results,as the "psi sensors" go in place of the pads);

hmmm... that maybe it i will check the hoses tommorow...

what could it mean if when i was bleeding the brakes the fluid comming out was a mix of black and regular fluid... kinda looked like oil with water ( not saying its oil with water, but thats what it looked like...) that milky look

ive been told it could also be a worn bushing to... so i will check on that also, it only pulls when the brakes are applied