• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

break-in gone wrong for somebody

grcthird said:
Sounds like she needs a 20ga auto home defense shotgun. Good thing about dogs, they know when somethings not right and they make sure you know it too. Hope they get caught but I doubt they come back after being shot at!

Nahh I think she needs a nice AR with double clips taped together...;)

I hate thieves with the passion...good thing they didnt get in

Add to your Christmas list for you wife..
ar15Tapco.jpg

HammerDownJustin said:

My biggest concern is all that lead going thru walls, windows, anybody else in the house, anybody in the neighbor's house...

Shotshell is less likely to do that and has a greater chance of hitting somebody.

HammerDownJustin said:

yep, I picked this up about a week so and love it so far, I'm wanting to buy the judge though.
20111123_134747.jpg

I keep an FN police tactical pump near me when I sleep, 18inch ported barrel holds 7+1 of 12g , collapsable m-4 stock, m4 grip,red dot sight ,flip up rear sight and side shell holder. It will be getting a flashlight soon. Also keep my ccw .40 on the night stand when I'm sleeping. Have another home defense shotgun it's a moss 12g with pistol grip, holds 8+1...... very short and kicks like a mule, not really a fan of shooting and it offers little control. Probably gonna install a folding stock and give it to my parents

Glad your father in law was there to handle the situation properly

dont mean to hijack and this may sound dumb but does anybody know the rules/laws for purchasing firearms in bama?

grcthird said:
My biggest concern is all that lead going thru walls, windows, anybody else in the house, anybody in the neighbor's house...

Shotshell is less likely to do that and has a greater chance of hitting somebody.

Exactly my fear as well, that's why my S&W .357 is loaded with 3 rounds of snake shot and finished up with 3 hollow points in case they decide they want some more. :****:

ridenrace6 said:
dont mean to hijack and this may sound dumb but does anybody know the rules/laws for purchasing firearms in bama?

Dealer=Call for background check. Private party=Hand over money, Go shoot your new gun.

What are you wanting to know?

Draco said:
Dealer=Call for background check. Private party=Hand over money, Go shoot your new gun.

He's from Tennessee, and having a helluva time buying a rifle at Wal-Mart with 2 armed robberies, 3 b&e's, and 6 grand theft auto charges. Figured he'd try elsewhere.

Just kidding bro, hold your fire!

They make these home defense shotgun rounds that won't go through walls from what I've heard, they are extremely short and say a gun thats holds 7+1 could hold probably 16 of these suckers. They are lethal from what the guy in CCW class told me.

Last thing I'm worried about is my walls if some muthefugger is roaming in my house. Drywall is cheap to fix IMO.

InDaShop said:
Last thing I'm worried about is my walls if some muthefugger is roaming in my house. Drywall is cheap to fix IMO.

Would come in handy if you have other family members located somewhere else in the house though.

InDaShop said:

Drywall is cheap, by kid's life isn't. Fact is, in the heat of the moment even the best (target) shot is very possible to miss. That's why I keep a 12ga loaded with 3" No.2's upstairs where the kid is and the 357 down stairs where there is no one sleeping on the other side of the wall.

I don't mess with bird shot or 22's because I aim to kill. I have no interest pissing someone off and coming back for revenge.

Draco said:

i guess my main question is, is it only handguns or do "long" firearms (rifles/shotguns) have to be recorded also?

InDaShop said:

people worried about shooting their kids maybe?

I don't have any kids that I know about so I keep 00 buck loaded

ridenrace6 said:
i guess my main question is, is it only handguns or do "long" firearms (rifles/shotguns) have to be recorded also?

From a dealer, It's just the same. Pass the check whether it's long gun or pistol. (in Al.) Takes longer to fill out the form than get approved. (Normally, depends on how busy .gov is that day.)

ridenrace6 said:

With any firearm you buy from an FFL dealer, a Form 4473 will have to be filled out and they will have to call it into the National Instant Check System for a background check. Contrary to what most people believe, the 4473's do not go to the ATF. They are kept in the FFL dealer's records for a minimum 20 years in case the gun is used in a crime and the ATF needs to do a trace. The ATF does not have a copy of the forms due to the Fireams Owner's Protection Act of 1986 where there is a law against them keeping a database of these purchases. If you buy two or more handguns in a one week period, you will have to fill out a multiple handgun sale form. These are all federal laws, which are the minimum a state must follow. Some states have stricter laws to follow with handguns and "assault weapons" but thankfully Alabama is not one of them.

With private sales between individuals in the same state, there is no paperwork or background check to be perfomed. If the private sale is between two people in different states, the gun will have to be transfered to the buyer via a FFL dealer in the buyer's state.