• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brett Jerome's barn build aka "Ain't Easy"

crawlin85cj said:

The main reason for me was cost. There is a guy here locally that tunes procharged drag cars making 2,000 plus horsepower obviously with a bigger unit. And he is also a dealer. I'm not totally up to snuff on them either but that is where he comes in. I would of liked the packaging of a roots style better it was a pain getting the procharger in and protected. But either way I wanted the response of a supercharger instead of a turbo.

BTW crawlin85cj that powerglide I bought from you awhile back is going to be putting the power to the ground! If I ever get done HA

height=746]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/bigorangebig/imagejpg2_zps87ef20bd.jpg[/img][/URL]

Got my new 105mm throttle body and water pump today. Along with the rest of my fuel system.

Time to start plumbing and piping the intercooler. Talked to a local tuner the other day. He has re assured me e85 will be the best bet as far as making power and I'm all in. Going to put her on the dyno when it's all done to see what's it's got at the 43's. He claims the same setup has made 740 plus on the motor.... Time will tell

fl-krawler said:
My L92 put down 730HP at the crank at 10psi of boost. No other mods
That's good to know. Plan on running 10-12 lbs right now. Really want to see what I'm going to put at the tires. Shoulda be fun

E85 is great and I planned on running it with my new motor, My Holley EFI Dominator system makes tuning it very easy but the problem we ran into was get consistent fuel. After talking to several different shops in my area it became clear that the amount of ethanol in the fuel was not constant every time. Hopefully you get it to run right for you. FYI your buggy is looking amazing.

mgiles said:
What did your belly height end up with the 43's
Sorry getting back so late had the motor out. She back in and all settled back down. Sitting at 26" in the pics

Hardcore fab going on here.......paint! And an ATI damper installed ha.

Got some headers made the other day. Going with this for now haven't found a compact worth the money muffler yet any suggestions?

Man it looks good. I have a new smith chasis I'm bout done with on rockwells and I'm at 25" belly that's why I was asking.

mgiles said:
Man it looks good. I have a new smith chasis I'm bout done with on rockwells and I'm at 25" belly that's why I was asking.

Right on, I'm not totally set on ride height now. I'm going to say that's the lowest the rig will sit. I'm thinking it might be an inch taller. Good luck finishing yours up!

Got some intercooler piping done. Did it outta stainless tube for now until I get it up and going might learn how to weld some aluminum. Going to my tuner guy in the morning to grab my harness,computer,and injectors . Time is still my enemy but my to do list on this money pit is getting smaller!

I've had a few rigs I the past and have been over a time or two but I've always ran a cheaper summit style catch can for trans ect. With the repeated rollovers this one will see ,not on purpose, is there any specific one that is holding up to the abuse the southern bouncers put them through. I know my rig is not near as hard to get out of as some but I want as much time as I can to get out in a rollover without the fear of fluid hitting exhaust or something else hot.

Honestly first time I have looked at this build thread. Very nice work and of course I have loved that truck since you had the trailer for sale a long time ago. I got one question and it may have already been brought up cause I didn't read every page. What thickness is the tube on the front shock hoops? The reason I ask is because mine is .120" and I have ripped them off the chassis a few times. :dunno: Finally went back in and put another bar directly on top of mount. Mine were on the back not the front.

noexhy.jpg

Wow impressive. They are .120 wall. My old orange rig was the same but they were setup directly off the bottom of the hoop virtually impossible to rip off. I've seen your rig on vids I assume it's just from crazy abuse even with bumps setup properly? That's good info to have since it's still I'm primer.