• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brett Jerome's barn build aka "Ain't Easy"

Im84

The rock bouncing world has got me building a new rig. I built an orange 4 seater buggy on rocks and 54s back in 2009 . Competed in Ttc and had a blast with it. Till I saw all these damn vids on you tube and decided it was time to go a little bit faster. Started building this one in January of this year. Doing it myself again trying to save as much as possible, if I had the coin for a smith buggy I woulda wrote the check. Don't like doing threads till there's some good progress so here it goes. Hope to have it running sometime this winter prolly around January

Specs:
6.0 ly6 with a d1 procharger
Ptc powerglide scored off this board
Profab t case with 2.5 to 1 now with ability to go either way
Rockwells with ouverson guts
43's with racelines
And so on

Sold the orange rig to fund this one. Bought some concrete for the barn and a new manual bender from baleigh works pretty well.
First of the ouverson goodies. Ran regular rock hubs on ole orange thought I would give these a shot

Hillbilly engine stand,!

B pillar and front shock hoops check

The b pillar sucked tacking up by myself went with .188 wall on it

Mounted radiator from wide open designs

Got an fittings in the frame rails

I like the build so far at least looks like you can really see over the motor, you dont see that with a lot of others.. but anyways what can you tell me about the rockwells you say your running overson guts whats that all consist of and what are the claimed benefits??Besides the obvious..

Love the TTC buggy simple yet very affective. Can't wait to see this come together. I'm collecting parts for my rockwell buggy will be watching this.

Sweet! can't wait to see how this one turns out.

What does this mean? "Profab t case with 2.5 to 1 now with ability to go either way"

Either way as in Hi & lo or drivers or Passenger drop? :dunno:

straight drive transfer case is the way to go for a bouncer only.no shifter location to worry about,full time 4wd.they are not a high/low case but you have almost endless gear ratio options that can be changed in the case.check out cyclone/profab/scs they are all similar.very compact unit/so mated to a power glide your trans and case combo will be as short and compact as possible.plus will handle higher horse power. I would have had one built to be direct bolt up to that glide but cyclone are the only one who haave told me they can make that happen.

The rockwell guts will be his 2in violater shafts and u joints, ran them in the orange rig with no issues at all except broken pinion gears. If thats a problem again I will have to break down and get his gear set as well. The upper gear in the case I got will allow me to go to 2 to 1 or 3.8 to 1 with just changing the quick change gear set. If that isn't enough they will have to change the upper gear out for me which will give me another set of ratios to play with. As for the tow rig just been driving the piss out of it not much changed runs pretty good. more pics tonight!

4 link brackets on axles and back half of the rig progress.

.photobucket.com/user/bigorangebig/media/image_zps392496d2.jpg.html]
image_zps392496d2.jpg
[/URL]

blacksheep10 said:
**** I thought I sold you wheels like a year ago :flipoff1:
glad to see some progress poics. I thought it was farther than this in teh background of the rzr pics though.
**** gimme a good computer and I will get them all up ha. Only got a few more to go

Latest posts