• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broke in new Chainsaw finally

We would drink ourselves to timber cutting fame nuzzy!!!!:beer::awesomework:

Actually when thinning or selective cutting you need the tree to sit out of the stand then walk it around to it's lay so you don't disturb or hang it in the rest of the stand..... :;

Selective is what we did in Eastern Wa. there were a couple outfits that had towers, but we skidded everything. :cool:

Here is a better pic. tried to swing the tree on the right to the left, but I cut the hinge the wronge way and it swung to the right. It was leaning towards the camera.

Attachments

• DSC01232.jpg
    DSC01232.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC01234.jpg
    DSC01234.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 102
Spruce limbs make good firewood!!!

I had one go the wrong way on me today, had a dutchman, went to clean it up, shoulda checked the far side first. Ended up I cut it off and it went sideways over a chainlink fence. Had to replace about 8 ft of to fence pole.:mad::mad::mad:

Didn't hurt anything but the fence pole and the pride a little :booo:.

It just had to be the last TREE on the job.

i had a rotten little tree sit back and go over backwards on me at the last reiter work party :haha: good thing no one was behind me :redneck:

cool saw :awesomework:
neighbor has one just like it he cuts wood for the both of us and i help haul.

im glad to be a fly on the wall here.... lol books have some knowledge in them, but give yourself some experience and you'll figure most of it out on your own, and just remember, always keep your eyes up, and be very observative to every little detail.

When it comes to tree's the best philosophy I can come up with is

"KILL THEM ALL, AND LET THE SHOVEL OPERATOR SORT THEM OUT!"

When it comes to tree's the best philosophy I can come up with is

"KILL THEM ALL, AND LET THE SHOVEL OPERATOR SORT THEM OUT!"

That was me today!!!!

I went and cut a private piece and then ran shovel for a few hours after that.
11 hours today and doing it again tomorrow.

I'll try and get pics to post up.
A few of the trees were 3 bushel or better!!!:D

Sounds like some nice wood. Big fir????

Alot of it is 4-40 plus and 4 foot plus on the stump. Some big cedar in there also but the few I cut yesterday that we had to push with the shovel were rotten as hell on the stump.

I'll take pics today but I need to figure out how to download off of my phone....:mad:

Latest posts