• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broked 22Re

JNK-RNR

Ok so here is the situation:

TCR low compression 22RE 8.0.1 compression, camden supercharger running 5 pounds of boost. Going north on I-5 right before the Auburn exit I get power loss and engine tapping..lots of blue smoke:wtf: did I mention this engine has less than 5k on it, less than 5 hundred with the supercharger:censored: . I make is about 3 more miles and park it in a safe location, as soon as it goes into park and idles, it died. I have now ripped the head off and noticed a few things, 1: oil in throttle body, 2: oil in supercharger, 3: oil on the number 4 cylinder spark plug and exhaust port. The cam is just fine and I see nothing visibley wrong with the head. Tomorrow I will be taking aprt the bottom end. Anyone want to take a guess as to what it is, I am saying rings.

http://4-low.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10013

and pics of course
normal_2006_0411flex0032.JPG

Oil in throttle body
normal_2006_0411flex0036.JPG

oil in supercharger housing
normal_2006_0411flex0037.JPG

oil in number 4 exhaust port

Last edited:
what managment were you running? what size injectors? you can't through boost into an engine and expect it to know what to do.

:mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: can you say " EXTREME DETONATION"

normal_2006_0412flex0007.JPG

all 4 pistons are shot...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :censored: :mad:

oh well time for the stroker kit

you can click on the link from the first post to get bigger pics to see the actual carnage...I am now going to be an eternal web wheeler:flipoff:

Micro Tech was ordered and on the way..stock injectors..not running it hard just to and from work about 2 miles round trip..and back from Kent once the gears were done. anyone want to buy a slightly used supercharger?

So does it look like the ring lands are destroyed? I have eatin 2 largly built 22r's that way,lol...

crash said:
So does it look like the ring lands are destroyed? I have eatin 2 largly built 22r's that way,lol...
In that last pic I can see chunks of piston rim missing on the intake side. Not good. :puke:

Ok, I am now looking for a machine shop that does good work, and is local to the "FT LEwis / LAkewood" area. Need to get the block bored, and the head checked.

thanks, I will give them a call in the AM, I have another block from a previous engine that I am going to get built up while I finish pulling this one out and apart.

JNK-RNR said:
Micro Tech was ordered and on the way..stock injectors..not running it hard just to and from work about 2 miles round trip..and back from Kent once the gears were done. anyone want to buy a slightly used supercharger?

I might have a buyer for that if you choose to get rid of it. Will that work on a 22R though?

bite me said:
bud's machine shop. Pacific hwy s. and bridgeport way.
called today, seems like super nice people, and reasonable price. Now I just need to get everything ready. After looking at the head it seams that some of the "custom piston lightening" pitted it a bit..small metal pices in head = bad = more money.:mad: