• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy build "Indecision"

pholmann said:
Looks to be about 12 gallons. I won't know for sure until its welded up. I'm sure there is some algebraic equation that will tell me, but I'll be the first to tell you I'm not mathematically smart enough to figure it out. I'm hoping for 12 though. Its pretty decent size. I just hope the odd shape doesn't cause me to think its bigger than it is.

Yeah I would rather have to much rather than not enough.

Definitely!! I'm hoping to get some good garage time in the near future to get this thing done. I'm thinking about selling the ranger and having just the buggy. Im tired of trying to keep so much **** maintained.

I was wondering what happened to the progress on this! Glad to see you back at it. I feel ya on the maintaining other rides though. Even ones that aren't for wheeling. Never ends.

Ya it's not been for a lack of wanting to work on it. Damn life and obligations get in the way. I'm looking at the yard needing mowed and other things and wishing for rain so I have a valid excuse to justify putting things off to go to the garage and work on my buggy. The bad thing is I really need to pick up more side work to help fund the buggy so that'll be more time spent somewhere else.

16 gauge stainless. I put some support pieces inside to keep swell and collapse down if the vent were to become plugged. One also doubles as a baffle on the rear section. Its really surprising how clean the plasma cuts it.

Beerj said:
Are you gonna be running a fuel gauge? If not, now would be an excellent time to install a sight tube on the side.

I thought about a fuel gauge. I like the sight tube idea. Good call

Beerj said:
Are you gonna be running a fuel gauge? If not, now would be an excellent time to install a sight tube on the side.

mine has the sight tube and it's nice and simple. just have to experiment a couple times on how many gallons are where on the tube. mine has a mark on the tube now to show about 4 gallons left (if I remember correctly)

I could be wrong but I think Polycarbonate is impervious to gasoline. The ethanol might complicate things though, not sure on that either.

pholmann said:
Where does one get the clear tube that's impervious to gasoline.

vinyl tubing. most of it is quite resistant to gas. it will yellow over time, but no biggie

Not a whole lot to update lately. Waiting to get the fuel cell back from being welded. I did pick up an atlas from S10truggy on here. Nice fella. So for the moment I am waiting on time, money, and opportunity.

I figured before I fab up any mounts and have to go modifying or changing ****, I may as well. It was a decent deal so I made the trip to the middle of nowhere TN and got it.

So you wanna be a prostitute is what you're saying?
Plenty of time since you'll be working nights.
Throw on a nice wig and that'll help reel in the business men. ie; money
Opportunity since you probably won't have anyone that needs to sign your garage permission slip.

I did however get to work on my pile o money today. I cut the front shocks loose and changed the mount geometry. Anyone see anything that shouldn't be? Yes they are semetrical. I just wasn't centered with the chassis when I took the pic.

A1F87A4F-BF0B-4D6D-A8DF-B0656351F50F_zpsdnawkize.jpg

77D40F5E-F696-46EB-81AB-257117DE36CB_zpsvdpb5kvj.jpg

5991C092-A313-4CAF-B70F-DF5C541E1717_zpsieb6pzqy.jpg