• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy rebuild

Tested it out this past weekend on a 1.7 mile track. They were having pre-runnning at the Uwharrie cross course, rough, lots of jumps and very fast (I ran it all in high range first gear). As for the ORI's...the kool-aid taste great so far. I told myself I was going to take it easy the first few times around,but after hitting the first few jumps slowly and it feeling so good I let it eat! By the end of the day I was coming up out of a bowl with the pedal on the floor and launching it several feet in the air. I tried to double one set of jumps and didn't make it. The front tires landed on the upslope of the second jump, it really wasn't very violent, the struts sucked it up well.I went full speed at the table top and it landed like pillows at the bottom of the landing ramp. So they worked well at higher speeds, I wondered how they would work at trail riding speeds. I then went trail riding until 7-8 oclock that night with my 7 month preggo wife, she said they were great, didn't bother her at all riding with me for a few hours through tthe woods.
The one thing that I had to do was run a rear sway bar, I just didn't like having the amount of body roll they were allowing. I prefer to haved my buggy handle like a sports car at high speeds and the sway bar took care of all of that. I was sporting a mix match set of body work, all my stuff should be back from paint by Thursday, then it's off to Mt. City Tenn for more suspension tuning. I'm really looking forward to the KOH quailifier and XRRA this year. I ran it all day and all night , hard....and never had to stop and address any problems.

GStone said:
The one thing that I had to do was run a rear sway bar, I just didn't like having the amount of body roll they were allowing. I prefer to haved my buggy handle like a sports car at high speeds and the sway bar took care of all of that.
curious what your lower pressures were if it felt unstable. the higher we put ours, the firmer it got. it is of course a compromise as more stability means a firmer ride. I hope my new one goes without a sway bar, but if you need it you need it.
COOL, glad you like them so far :woody:

Greg, your buggy is one of the best out there. I like that you take could care of it and keep it nice, but don't cut it any slack in the woods