• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building my junk.

One question: Are you going to be running the stock fan with that electric fan or just the electric?? Is the electric fan going to work only off a switch on the dash or does it also come on automatically with temp? If its temp operated what swtich/sensor turns it on and is it connected to the block somewhere or the rad??? I'm thinking about running a similar setup and just wondering how you did it... Thanks

It lives.

SUNP0030-2.jpg

SUNP0031-2.jpg

SUNP0035-1.jpg

SUNP0034a.jpg

SUNP0037-1.jpg

zig80toy said:
One question: Are you going to be running the stock fan with that electric fan or just the electric?? Is the electric fan going to work only off a switch on the dash or does it also come on automatically with temp? If its temp operated what swtich/sensor turns it on and is it connected to the block somewhere or the rad??? I'm thinking about running a similar setup and just wondering how you did it... Thanks
It looks like I have room, but I don't have room for any fan really on the engine side of the rad. I am using this pusher as my only fan. It is 2,950 CFM, and the old pusher was 1400.. it kept it cool unless I was really working it hard for long periods off road or on long climbs.

Is runs off a temp sensor relay set up but it has gone bad and turns the fan on just about all the time. I have a chernobyl situation override switch on the dash.

I will be switching to or wiring in a direct coolant temp switch to control the fan on auto. the current one uses a probe in the rad fins.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Now the question is "will it wheel?" :redneck:

Sure... When I have the money to get the tires mounted and time/materials to build sliders/bumpers and mount the winch.

I'm moving next week so this is as far as it will get for about a month.

What kinda details do you want? It still needs an alighnment bad. It wanders all over the road with the crown and the wheel is off center. The springs are way too stiff and the articulation is worse than before I lifted it. So new springs are the next big project. I'm not sure I realy even want to wheel it much with these springs... that would be some teeter totter action.. um.... It got looks everywhere I drove last night and the cops left me alone. :D Trash lock does not = welded rear end.. that's for sure.

It idles kinda rought so I gotta pull plugs and see if I got a port leak from the slip-sliding gaskets during the intake install...:mad:

K. I finnaly got it alighned enough to drive acceptably tonight.

I "ramped" it again last night and it was better. The springs just need to break in a lil.. Just minor issues now. I'll wheel it. Yeah, the front coils are brand spankin new so they need to loosen up some before I pass judgement. But they are pretty stiff rate wise...

SUNP0086.jpg

SUNP0088.jpg

SUNP0090.jpg

SUNP0091.jpg

SUNP0093.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Just thought I'd let you know the spring rate will be fine once you add the wieght of real F/R bumpers,Sliders,winch,tool box,spare parts,cooler,at least one jackass in the passenger seat. Maybe a couple bitches in the rear.

If your looking for the Jackass just let me know!

Nice read by the way.

Yeah, I agree with H3RESQ. You still got more weight to add to that thing. Ohh yeah, and consider me jackass #2. By the way, Totalled, you build a nice rig man. props to ya...:pray: