• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bulk oil

I buy the Delo 400 stuff for the boat. Can get it in 5 gallon pails for about $42 a pail. Not sure if that is a good price or not.

I heard that in some independent test, Rotella blew everyone out of the water. Last time I got it was gallon jugs at GI Joe's.

crash said:
Are they 5 gollon jobies at costo tony and whats the cost?

gallon jugs, six to a box. bought 5 cases at once, don't remember what I paid, but it was cheaper than I could get from our dealer supplier and also cheaper than I could get a wallyworld.

I figured buying 30 gallons and a case of filters once would be cheaper than buying them individually over time.

Each oil change takes alot of oil.

I bought my truck new (05 PSD) and have been changing oil at the 100 hour marks. Probably twice as often as needed, but I want this engine to last me a lifetime.

T

If you ask, most parts stores carry gallon jugs and cases (of 5 or 6 gallon jugs) of Rotella or Delo. You just have to ask.

Synthetic is the way to go IMO. yeah, its $100 a change but you can go 10 to 12k per changing. I picked up 2mpg by switching from dino bones. But thats just me...:D

I used to get my oil at napa in gallon jugs. Delo 15-40.

We do the cases from costco thing for my dad's Kenworth work truck (It's a cummins, just, really, really big). Used to get it in drums, but it's more cost effective to do the jugs now.

CRASH- and others i worked for a place in smokey point next to the airport thunderbird lubrications 360-435-1848. they are an automotive supply warehouse owned by Gull ind. they carry everything and supply alot of the smaller auto part stores they do will-call sales i havent talked to anyone from there in awhile but im sure it might be worth checking into.
they cary rottela and dello and some oil filters just thought i would share this info. alot of race car teams from skagit and monroe buy from there also.