• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bump stop spacing wit Ori's

EddieHall

Ok so this prolly has been covered be for . Looking for advise,suggestions or thoughts.
I'm setting up the bump cans.looking for info for how much space between the bump and pad.
Chassis is a rock bouncer
20" ori struts they have around 7-8" of compression
4" travel bumps
Rite now I have it mocked up with 2" spacing between bumps and pads
Thanks for any info
new to the Ori's setup ,oris have internal bumps I figure that I'd setup the cans for around 6" of comp.and that'd let the ori's have an inch to keep them from every from bottoming out
I no ori says you don't have to run bumps ,but ori clearly states you dont wanna bottom them out.

Last edited:
I'd shorten the bumpstops to 1.5 or 2" of travel then set them 1/4" right before your shocks are at full bump on both sides.

also remember that all the chrome does not go into the ORI. there is about .5" - 1" of chrome i think that stays outside of the shock at full bump.

Best way to set them up is to

1) get them as close to in line with the shock mounts at the axle as possible. Very likely you wont get them perfect, but the closer the better in an ideal world.

2) set the buggy at full bump resting on the shocks, give in 1/4" or so (to account for the bump pad wearing down a little bit) and set the bump there at full bump.

Thats where they go.

but yea, like mentioned...shorten those things up to 2" travel. Being in the bump so fast on an ORI is going to make them ride even worse. They are easy to shorten, especially for someone who has the tools to easily open them up. @wizzo can get you shortened up super easily and quickly most likely.

Last edited:
If you let all the air out with weight on them, that will be your full bump position. Should be 1/2" of shiny silver showing on the shaft.

Correct the oris have a little over an inch of chromed shaft showing thanks for the input and advise I can send them back if needed or jus cut them down ,I'm using a mock up bar for the ride height and full comp got the measurements from my shocks

Yup, same difference. Really not that bad to do. But on brand new units, maybe you'd rather have them shipped and exchanged.