• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Busa powered Buggys

tommy450r

what transmission are they using? An how are they mating them? We have a good running engine at the shop I work at an been thinking about a mini buggy build.

rednecklights said:
Not true. Aw10 has a Busa engine in front of a toyota transmission and case. So think about 1st gear bike trans - 1st gear toyota trans - low range .......

That's how Stump's (green one that BKF linked) is setup but with an air shifter for the bike trans. It can crawl but with the turbo it likes to be in boost. He also has a chunk of change in building that engine so its making way more power than a standard Busa. IIRC he said high 200's on 50/50 Race and Pump gas mix. Could have had more but took some woopows out for reliabilitys sake. It makes that trip from the Evarts trailhead to the bottom of Mason Jar go by a LOT quicker than in most rigs. :****: :woot: :driving:

kushKrawlin said:
Shifter cart for the win/coffin .. Seems to me all bike motor buggies are cool as **** but they have zero crawl speed. Point and shoot!

Shifter cart was my first thought but we like offroad away from the popo lol I could see us in a high speed chase with that on the street!!

I've always wanted to build a mini-buggy with a shaft driven motorcycle motor and samurai drivetrain. Maybe one day. Hayabusa motors are crazy!

I've never got the hype of building full size buggies with crotch rocket motors. Factory busa motor is going to be right shy of 200hp, but does have about a 11k rpm redline. That's cool I guess if you like to hear it all the time. Most any v6 is gonna have more power than a busa motor, and probably a lot more torque. Now you can spend the money to pimp out a busa motor like the one above, and by that point you could have a solid mild v8 that will turn over some big tires! I love crotch rockets more than anybody, but just never seemed practical to have a rocket engine in a buggy. I guess it comes down to the folks that just has a nack for building unique things in their spare time. I can dig that, I guess. :dblthumb:

What are these guys doing for steering? As in how are they powering a pump? Don't think rocket engines have a belt drive