• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

C02 Tank - Afro engineers need your input

bushhog750

Before I **** can this C02 tank can it be used for anything else. Like a compressed air tank or anything else useful. My neighbor gave it to me, he used it on his keg-o-rator. If it can't be used or converted to something worth having its gotta go.
null-71.jpg

null-69.jpg

Not quite as useful but I've recently been seeing people cut the bottom off the tank and using a few more of them as some big ole wind chimes.

what is the date stamped into it???

I believe it needs hydro-tested every 5 years...

I found one at a flea market, took it to my local fire extinguisher company and had them hydro-test it...was $16 for the test, cost $19 for them to fill it with CO2....

been filling tires and using air tools ever since thumb.gif thumb.gif

l8r, John

Should work perfect as an air tank. Looks like you already have a regulator on it so get it tested and filled and put an air chuck on it and your good to go!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I've got several and use them for air tools and airing up tires on the trail. I don't get them recertified just swap out the tank with another and it's 15 bucks for a 20lb tank.

xjmarc said:
I've got several and use them for air tools and airing up tires on the trail. I don't get them recertified just swap out the tank with another and it's 15 bucks for a 20lb tank.
Will they swap an expired tank for a new one. I'm gonna call airgas or praxair tomorrow.

Re: Re: Re: C02 Tank - Afro engineers need your input

race_jeep said:
I get mine filled at a fire extinguisher place, the welding company's have steel tanks, I'd rather have the aluminum :****:
Me2, and they swap out unless I ask for my own tank back.

xjmarc said:

I use them for air tools at the junk yard

bushhog750 said:
Will they swap an expired tank for a new one. I'm gonna call airgas or praxair tomorrow.

Airgas will not sure about other places. Cheaper than getting the certs and faster since you drop one off and pick up a new one. I have 5 or 6 so I usually take a couple with me each time. They have aluminum and steel and whatever you have is what you get back.

bushhog750 said:
I've never swapped and expired tank at Airgas, but I haven't noticed anyone ever check the date on the tanks I have swapped.