• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cage Weight

Gadametz

Looking to get some new front coilovers for the front, they need to be 18" travel. What brands make an 18 besides fox and king?
Also have a cage im about to put in to replace the factory one but its probably 500 lbs at least. is this enough ill also have to change the rear springs?

Gadametz said:
Looking to get some new front coilovers for the front, they need to be 18" travel. What brands make an 18 besides fox and king?
Also have a cage im about to put in to replace the factory one but its probably 500 lbs at least. is this enough ill also have to change the rear springs?

Any pictures of what you are working on? :dunno:

18" front coilovers? That sounds cra cra. No way you can reliably use all 18s up front.

I think profender may make 18s. ORIs can make you 20s if you want.

Clarification- I have foa 18" coilovers front and rear. the front leak so i'm thinking about upgrading. The cage is very built and takes 3 people to pick up. Just wanting to know if the added weight will call for different springs on the rear coilovers

We can't get past the 500 lb. Cage weight
I just designed a 450lb complete chassis in bend tech.
On the other hand, just throw it together and weigh each corner, start taking weights, then try different springs until you are happy with it.

Ok I'll bite

Need to know your current springs and preload amounts.

For example. If your combined current rate is for example 100 lbs /in ,

A 500 lbs increase in weight directly on the rear coilovers would compress them 2.5" more.

This is just a greatly simplified example.

Some of cage weight is applied to the front also.

I doubt you have an increase in cage weight of 500 lbs over the previous setup.

mac5005 said:
Ok I'll bite

Need to know your current springs and preload amounts.

For example. If your combined current rate is for example 100 lbs /in ,

A 500 lbs increase in weight directly on the rear coilovers would compress them 2.5" more.

This is just a greatly simplified example.

Some of cage weight is applied to the front also.

I doubt you have an increase in cage weight of 500 lbs over the previous setup.
175 over 225 in the rear and 175 over 250 in the front. Any info helps
The cage is probably closer to 350lbs