• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Call in thread.

Re: Re: Re:

xjmarc said:
I kind of met you at the HL ride but again you were drinking. You told me to get in your buggy and move it before I even spoke. In hindsight maybe I should have.
Which HL ride? Please tell me I wasn't a ****

NM, reread and it wasn't me

Re: Re: Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Which HL ride? Please tell me I wasn't a ****

NM, reread and it wasn't me

The one last weekend and you left before I got there. Missed some good sammiches.

Re: Re: Re: Re:

xjmarc said:
The one last weekend and you left before I got there. Missed some good sammiches.
You coming to the October Harlan ride?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

xjmarc said:
I'm hoping to.
Good deal, can't be making my own sammiches. Hell, I'll even cook you guys breakfast.

xjcrawler said:
Why did the other thread get locked? I'm sure JK101 has thicker skin than that, hell he'd have to with putting JK in his login name?? :wtflol:
I believe it may of had to do with threatening violence. However I am uncertain as I was not contacted why my thread was being locked. There was a warning issued early on, maybe it was doomed from the beginning. Perhaps I will start titling my threads less entertaining/controversial names. I think I should get some sort of achievement award, I believe I have had more threads locked without breaking any written rules or crossing a moral line . I am not claiming I am inocent of everything. My threads are usually very controversial/entertaining. However I'm never the one who crosses "the line" yet my threads are usually the victim and the individuals who can't have an adult conversation about a sensitive subject are not even warned.
Which is odd that the entire thread would get locked, when one person who wasn't staying on subject of the thread threatened violence.
You would assume that would be frowned upon on a public forum. I don't understand how locking a thread that had nothing to do with violence and not confronting the one individual who actually broke the rules is beneficial to anyone.

Also there was a guy funking a bear :dunno:

Please go back and reread it and tell me I'm in the wrong we will have an adult conversation about it.

I can't speak for the moderators, but my guess would be that stifling threads started with the intentions of ruffling feathers for entertainment is like arresting someone for inciting a riot. You don't necessarily have to participate in the looting to be charged with inciting. Extreme example I know but..
And sometimes the bear has that look of love in it's eyes that shouldn't go to waste.

Eddyj said:
I believe it may of had to do with threatening violence. However I am uncertain as I was not contacted why my thread was being locked. There was a warning issued early on, maybe it was doomed from the beginning. Perhaps I will start titling my threads less entertaining/controversial names. I think I should get some sort of achievement award, I believe I have had more threads locked without breaking any written rules or crossing a moral line . I am not claiming I am inocent of everything. My threads are usually very controversial/entertaining. However I'm never the one who crosses "the line" yet my threads are usually the victim and the individuals who can't have an adult conversation about a sensitive subject are not even warned.
Which is odd that the entire thread would get locked, when one person who wasn't staying on subject of the thread threatened violence.
You would assume that would be frowned upon on a public forum. I don't understand how locking a thread that had nothing to do with violence and not confronting the one individual who actually broke the rules is beneficial to anyone.

Also there was a guy funking a bear :dunno:

Please go back and reread it and tell me I'm in the wrong we will have an adult conversation about it.

Funny thing is the one asking why it was locked is the one, who posted saying he was going to whip my ass........ loller.gif
Can't we all just get along???

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Stock for stock, I'd rather save my money and go with a barbie jeep. You can use it one time and be out the same in damages after one trip, without all the other overhead.

I'll just stick with my BII it can handle a good bashing.

yankster said:
threads started with the intentions of ruffling feathers for entertainment

It's a general discussion area of an off road forum full of like minded, middle aged, fairly intelligent men. If there was no threads to insight the exchange of witty banter what would be in it? Without some level of discussion and ruffled feathers everything becomes "vanilla" and there is no reason to click on those threads.
I feel like I have got the reputation as of lately that I want to see HL burn! When it's actually the exact opposite , I want HL to be entertaining because in the end that's what will keep this place alive. Not the fur sail section, not the trail ride sec. people will continue to love this place because of the personal connection that are made in epic general discussion threads. With out that one awesome thread that goes crazy every once in a while it's just another dying forum that Facebook kills. Think back on HL what do you remember, The set of bald 38s for sale? Or the hundreds of crazy, funny, inappropriate comments that have been made.

My favorite comment ever was in a dumpster fire of a for sale thread, someone asked "why hasn't this thread been locked?" The next post was admin simply stating "I don't know". Then it continued without being locked and eventually killed it self.

Eddyj said:
It's a general discussion area of an off road forum full of like minded, middle aged, fairly intelligent men. If there was no threads to insight the exchange of witty banter what would be in it? Without some level of discussion and ruffled feathers everything becomes "vanilla" and there is no reason to click on those threads.
I feel like I have got the reputation as of lately that I want to see HL burn! When it's actually the exact opposite , I want HL to be entertaining because in the end that's what will keep this place alive. Not the fur sail section, not the trail ride sec. people will continue to love this place because of the personal connection that are made in epic general discussion threads. With out that one awesome thread that goes crazy every once in a while it's just another dying forum that Facebook kills. Think back on HL what do you remember, The set of bald 38s for sale? Or the hundreds of crazy, funny, inappropriate comments that have been made.

My favorite comment ever was in a dumpster fire of a for sale thread, someone asked "why hasn't this thread been locked?" The next post was admin simply stating "I don't know". Then it continued without being locked and eventually killed it self.

I'm not middle aged :flipgotcha: :flipper: