• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camping nearby?

4xsteve

I got to check out the new park this past weekend and am planning a trip back in a few weeks. I'd like to camp out, but I assume I can't do it within the park since they close it down at 5pm. Does anyone know of a good place nearby for a small group to camp one night?

I don't remember the name but there is a pretty nice campground along the Snohomish/Skykomish river with some sites as close as about 20 feet to the water the place is on Ben Howard Road a backroad that runs from Monroe to Sultan and I'd say its around a 15-20 minute drive away from Reiter. I know people here know the place and someone probably knows the name of it.

Its actual name is Thunderbird RV Campground, its a joint membership with Thousand Trails, Leisure Time and a couple of those other national parks.

We have a membership, its a nice camp ground but they don't tolerate any "Fun", by that I mean they are strict with their noise policies. I've been asked to leave the park because we were all laughing and being drunk around a camp fire after quiet time. We were all drinking so i'm sure we were making noise but I know it wasn't excessive like when I have my bon-fires at home.

Still a good park to stay at though. :awesomework:

http://www.thousandtrails.com/washington/thunderbird-rv-camping-resort/

Thanks for the info guys; I'll check it out. Please keep ideas coming if you think of anything.
Not being a member, expecting a large crowd and being back at camp early (since no wheeling after 5pm) probably precludes the use of anywhere that has strict rules as well as lots of others around to annoy. Really want something a bit more secluded and probably more primitive than an RV park. I certainly don't know the area, but I'm surprised there's nowhere along Reiter Road that allows camping.

Thanks for the info guys; I'll check it out. Please keep ideas coming if you think of anything.
Not being a member, expecting a large crowd and being back at camp early (since no wheeling after 5pm) probably precludes the use of anywhere that has strict rules as well as lots of others around to annoy. Really want something a bit more secluded and probably more primitive than an RV park. I certainly don't know the area, but I'm surprised there's nowhere along Reiter Road that allows camping.

If you feel like it, there is dispersed camping along Beckler river road.

If you feel like it, there is dispersed camping along Beckler river road.

Thats a long ways up and playing with highway 2 dumbass's--thats enough to drive anybody crazy :redneck:

I know scott knows the laws regarding this and we talked about it before but I can't remember exactly what was said. But I recall its not illegal and there are actually a few spots along reiter road that you could camp. There is a main Y (not far from the first pit/after you drop down) thats the fish hatchery and there are a couple spots just after the Y off the road. There is also a good spot on the left just after the Y (old fish ladder) and there is also a good turn off just past the Y on the right (right across from where you would turn off the road and drop thru the creek to hit sac up or go up the poop chute).

There are a few spots on the down side of reiter road heading into index but they are pretty small.

All DNR land is dispersed camping unless posted no camping you can't camp behind the gate at Reiter or I should say you would need to park outside the gate not blocking deer flats road... I see people camping along Reiter road all the time but if you have a truck and trailer it would be hard to park more then one towpig. We have parked along the fish hatchery road in the past when snow and ice prevented towing up to deerflats rd... but camping along there is open to interpretation to the law enforcement officer who shows up to the party...

you could camp in my back yard i got **** you can burn...

ya know the gate gets closed at 5. If you are behind it or not. If you are behind the gate and it is closeed and you got locked in. Well I guess you are there for the night. I wouldn't night wheel, But you are there. The only thing that I would do is call the number and say that you got locked in