• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camping on the Lake Bed.......!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any pictures showing how they set up camp to protect themselves from the elements?

Are ya towing with the armada? If so sounds like your set. Im scared to go this route for the 3rd time but as of now i gotta. In april i barely slept, The winds were brutal but the tent actually stayed together. There will be a grip of coaches so use one as a wind block.

Damn, thats a cool shot eh

Attachments

• DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Thanks Joe. Man, it looks like you were kinda out in the back 40 in that picture. Kinda like yer privacy don't ya :D

Add in 10 or 15 thousand of my closest friends and my camp will look loke this.
100_1604.jpg

And here is a little teaser to get you stoked on going.
100_1614.jpg

Last edited:
Are ya towing with the armada? If so sounds like your set. Im scared to go this route for the 3rd time but as of now i gotta. In april i barely slept, The winds were brutal but the tent actually stayed together. There will be a grip of coaches so use one as a wind block.

Damn, thats a cool shot eh

Joe, We will be your wind break again. :D

Attachments

• motorhome02.jpg
    motorhome02.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 164
Damn 'Long', you got my dream set up, just a bit longer than I would want. Rig go in the back of the truck or in the trailer? I imagine the trailer is the vendor set up?

Damn 'Long', you got my dream set up, just a bit longer than I would want. Rig go in the back of the truck or in the trailer? I imagine the trailer is the vendor set up?

No the rig goes in the trailer, the motor home is only 28 feet an Odie lives in the trailer we we get there.

I've been doing a little reading up on the threads, and trying to establish what I need to be prepared for as I am the 'camp chef' for the group I am with...

My original thoughts of utilizing a 12x12 pop up with tarped sides will pretty much be shot to hell unless I sink the bitch in concrete.

That being said: anyone got some tips on how to mitigate pop ups to stay put other than the stakes for anchors that come with them - as I doubt they will.

I need to be able to have enough room to cook/clean/and serve meals w/o blowing away in the process.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful/useful contributions. :;

I've also heard that there is the possibility for water trucks/septic trucks to come by and provide services at a fee, anyone have more information on this topic?

take 2 truck (or more) park them in an "L" setup the pop-up in the L. :awesomework:

try to see which way the wind blows the most and put the trucks on that side. If the trucks have canopies even better.

I've been doing a little reading up on the threads, and trying to establish what I need to be prepared for as I am the 'camp chef' for the group I am with...

My original thoughts of utilizing a 12x12 pop up with tarped sides will pretty much be shot to hell unless I sink the bitch in concrete.

That being said: anyone got some tips on how to mitigate pop ups to stay put other than the stakes for anchors that come with them - as I doubt they will.

I need to be able to have enough room to cook/clean/and serve meals w/o blowing away in the process.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful/useful contributions. :;

I've also heard that there is the possibility for water trucks/septic trucks to come by and provide services at a fee, anyone have more information on this topic?
in reality if the wind decides to blow sand this setup will be destroyed. if you want to be camp chef make them give you a metal structure to prepare meals in or your are in for some major adventures. anne you need a trailer at least.:;

i been talking to KarlVP about renting a camp trailer from the navy MWR at china lake a few miles away.... make him look into that further.

yes trucks come by to add water and dump stuff for a fee.

take 2 truck (or more) park them in an "L" setup the pop-up in the L. :awesomework:

try to see which way the wind blows the most and put the trucks on that side. If the trucks have canopies even better.
Thank you Scott, looks like a great jumping off point...

in reality if the wind decides to blow sand this setup will be destroyed. if you want to be camp chef make them give you a metal structure to prepare meals in or your are in for some major adventures. anne you need a trailer at least.:;

i been talking to KarlVP about renting a camp trailer from the navy MWR at china lake a few miles away.... make him look into that further.

yes trucks come by to add water and dump stuff for a fee.
Thank you Hip. I'll discuss this with the boys I'm cooking for, however as I understand it, this will be a limited expenditures trip. And seeing as how I've been unemployed for 13 months, I don't have any extra funds to donate to the cause - I've been given a free pass down there to provide cooking services only:D. I've heard that we will be camping by a few folks with trailers and such, perhaps I will start networking with them to establish a corner for cooking on a larger scale that the camper may not sufficiently accommodate.

There will be a truck/camper/flatbed trailer, just not an enclosed one. I've also determined I will do a great majority of prep work here at the house for ease on myself down there.
This whole cooking in the desert thing will certainly be a step out of my comfort zone from my home kitchen.

By the way, who is Anne:fawkdancesmiley::kiss:

I will be bringing this setup. Not too expensive and if you ask the homeless contingent in Sultan, if you wax the roof with some chap stick or Vaseline, it's pretty waterproof.

new-york-homeless.jpg

Either the truck or 25 foot enclosed we will see. I may hook up with a buddy that lives down there but other than that no one but my group willing to meet and hang out with a couple guys though.

oh hell i didnt realize u were going!!! what days ??
caravan???
is the wife coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.