• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camping on the Lake Bed.......!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark

Are you going to stay in a tent? your race trailer? an RV? your truck? Camper trailer? Bus? What's your plan?

I've got a tent right now and it's not looking good. What are all you guys going to do? You bringing a shower? or Baby wipes?

Anyone planning to have a group they are camping with?

What did you do last year? Holy **** it's getting close, i better figure it out soon!!!

Either the truck or 25 foot enclosed we will see. I may hook up with a buddy that lives down there but other than that no one but my group willing to meet and hang out with a couple guys though.

I stayed in a tent two times and you wont get any sleep. The last time i stayed in the truck and got plenty of sleep. If i were you i would get a conopy and stay in that.

I'll be on the lake bed arriving on the 6th and staying till around the 15th. I have a large group of wheelin buddies from all over the west getting together down there. Most will have RV's or sleep in the tow rig.

Being new to the NW I'd like to meet some of you local guys while we are down there. I'd be more than willing to host a bon fire/meet n greet on the lake bed for the NWW crowd one evening.

Disclaimer--if you don't like beer drinkers you wont like this bunch.

sleep? you do you need that? Just wheel till you fall asleep and pull over till done napping and wheel some more.

About halfway thru the week go to apple valley and get a seniorita and a hotel for some action and a shower. Plus you can refill at the licker store while in town!:beer:

Clark if the weather gets shitty. you will need a structure to sleep and eat/cook in.

last year the day of the LCQ tents would have blown across the lake bed with all the occupants and gear inside them.

Staying in my race trailer, will have full cooking, living quarters and showers. :flipoff: I'll probably be right on the lakebed with the CRAWL Mag crew and Ian and the Xtreme crew.

Staying in my race trailer, will have full cooking, living quarters and showers. :flipoff: I'll probably be right on the lakebed with the CRAWL Mag crew and Ian and the Xtreme crew.

Cause your big pimpin.

Rented a RV. some will be staying in trucks, some in trails.

I've tented there in the summer and spring, wouldn't in Feb.

If you are tenting you need to sandwich the tent between trailer/towrigs, and completly wrap it in a tarp. If you have any mesh windows showing the sand will get in.

I gotta figure all this out this weekend. My wifes parents live in La Quinta. Any idea how much of hassle would that be to driveout to the lakebed every day? After my experience at Goldendale last summer I can't imagine doing a tent at KOH :)

The last time we went (wheeling at the Hammers not KOH) we stayed in some hotel in Yucca Valley, worked out sweet but I'm sure every hotel within driving distance is probably already sold out.

The last time we went (wheeling at the Hammers not KOH) we stayed in some hotel in Yucca Valley, worked out sweet but I'm sure every hotel within driving distance is probably already sold out.

Yes...Yes they are.

staying on the lakebed is half the fun in visiting the hammers, whether yer there for KOH or for another wheeling weekend. missing out on the nighttime shennanigans would be an epic failure. plus, personally i love the fact that you can wake up and not have to drive the 30+ min to the lakebed.

if you have nothing else, sleeping in the car/truck ya drove there in is yer best bet. 9 outta 10 times that nasty "w" thing is whippin around and tents dont stand a chance.

staying on the lakebed is half the fun in visiting the hammers, whether yer there for KOH or for another wheeling weekend. missing out on the nighttime shennanigans would be an epic failure. plus, personally i love the fact that you can wake up and not have to drive the 30+ min to the lakebed.

if you have nothing else, sleeping in the car/truck ya drove there in is yer best bet. 9 outta 10 times that nasty "w" thing is whippin around and tents dont stand a chance.

What can I say, I'm an elitist buggy snob that prefers not getting sand in my mangina :haha:

What are you're thoughts on security? How voulnerable are your belongings while your not in camp, was there lots of theft last year?

What are you're thoughts on security? How voulnerable are your belongings while your not in camp, was there lots of theft last year?

Not to bad clark...something get stolen but never in our camp. Camp at the longfield camp not many will mess around there. Someone **** a monster turd and pissed in bobbys tire but that was the worst of it. Middle of the night drunkeness from the bfg camp.

All I heard of last year were a couple tie down straps but there will way more people this year and there are thieves in every crowd that size. I think if you keep you camp straight and don't make it easy you will be fine.

ill be in the hotel de ian mcglynn
its nicer in there than in my house

Attachments

• koh0849.jpg
    koh0849.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 262

Some locals in a 2wd toy pickup stole a quad. I have been there 3 times and it is pretty safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.