• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Can they be fixed?!?!

charliesnyder

Most have heard my "woe is me" story about my Iroks getting messed up by Schwabs.... So I will spare you that.

I want to know now, can they be fixed? I've read a bunch on Pirate about tires shops being able to fix bead tears with real rubber. Can these be fixed?

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

None of these pictures are the same "cut", also not all of the damage, but the worst of them..

What say you tire gods?:haha:

Not a tire god, but they might be o.k. with Bobby Long beadlocks, and a lot of RTV.
You have more experience with tires than I do..

I ran GLO beadlocks on reverse center rims and this is the aftermath of removal.

Last edited:
PM Brian H, he's a tire guy IIRC and knows a thing or two about fixing and repairing them (beyond a simple patch)

If Schawbs F-ed them up then they sould fix em. Exact same thing happened to my buddy but it was only one tire. They said if he had purchased the tires through them that they would replace it but since he didn't they refused to replace it but he contacted corporate and raised some hell and end up getting it replaced.

Kinda BS if you ask me. Who cares if they were bought at Schawbs or not, they ruined the tire(s).

Schwabs did that to your tires? Make them replace them or take them to court.

If Schawbs F-ed them up then they sould fix em. Exact same thing happened to my buddy but it was only one tire. They said if he had purchased the tires through them that they would replace it but since he didn't they refused to replace it but he contacted corporate and raised some hell and end up getting it replaced.

Kinda BS if you ask me. Who cares if they were bought at Schawbs or not, they ruined the tire(s).

Kind of a catch 22 on that. They called me telling me that the tires weren't wanting to come off.. Little did I know that they were taking the tire over the safety bead. I had 2 ripped tires and came out with more rips on them as well as rips in the other two. I told them just to get the damn tires off the rims...

Ide run them as is and just check them periodically to make sure there not seperating. If I had a set of 17's ide buy them. I worked at schwab and we run into torn bead all the time in the winter rush from having to mount old tires(10-15) years old. My buddy has a set of new toyo's that we tore the beads on 2 of them:mad:Damn MKW wheels are a real bitch to mount/dismount. Anyways he has been running them no problem for the last year and a half.

If you really concerned about it Ide have Brian fix them up for you and either run them or sell them and jsut let the purchaser know about them.

Gotcha, I had reverse beadlocks on my rig originally. I could mount them myself but could never dismount them on my own. Luckily I was good friends with the local tire shop and he would let me do them with his machine. I'd use the mag machine and alot of lube. You really need to assist the machine and make sure that the opposite side of the bead is fully down in the drop center. It's pretty tough and without the assisting it would stall the machine out. I understand that different wheels can have different depths of drop centers but I mounted and dismounted tires on those rims over a dozen times and not once tore a bead.

The tires came off a wheeler and will go back on a wheeler if fixable. I have a new set of wheels and tires lined up(hopefully) and these would be backups. Something over time I could save up and buy good wheels and beadlock them again. I loved these Iroks and didn't want to sell them but the reverse center rims were bad... I was that normal dumb 22 year old with deployment money and now I'm paying for it!

I don't think my situation had anything to do with them having problems with Swampers.. I think it is more on the side of they have no idea what to do with reverse center wheels.

I had on tire removed without any damage at a local shop but of course, I had a buyer interested in the wheels and the shop was closed(it was Sat)... So the only choice I had was to take them there. Or not make the sale.

bead locks and window uerathane.

as far as schwabs doing bead locks.. normally they wn't touch them.

I needed to get some tires off bead locks, and i was sick as a mother... no energy to get them apart.
So, i took the bead lock apart, cleaned it all up, even popped the back bead off.
I took them to swabs and asked them to just spin of the bead.. they did it.. and didn't even charge me.

I took the locks off mine. Just wanted them to remove the rear bead and take the tire off the back of the rim..... they took the outer bead back over the beadlocked part and then proceeded to take the tire off like normal.

I'm over what happened with Schwabs.. I'm just trying to figure out if they are salvageable.

Do you want them fixed to be able to drive at highways speeds on pavement?

I had a TSL just like that and it sealed just fine in a bead lock never had any issue. If its on both sides of the tire just get some double bead locks and they will be just fine.

Latest posts