• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Canada March 19-21 2010

Jay Luke

Wanted to roll call before we head up there. Who's going? When are people leaving? I am leaving very early Saturday morning and following Mark M. Planning on leaving Everett area at 6:00am-ish...If work is really slow there is a possibility of me leaving Friday afternoon with Money. Odds of that are slim however. Looking Forward to seeing our Canadian friends!

Friday mid-day. I'm taking my brother as he's been itchin to go wheelin and this ought to be a helluva good time. I'm very excited...I love going up North.

Terry

Got the Enhanced License in the mail today! :cheer:

I think I will head up Saturday morning also. Mark M can I follow? I can hit I-5 at mile 221, probably 6:30-ish.

Running out of time to get maintenance done on the truck and jeep though, probably won't get to everything but it's not like we're leaving the country or anything. :eeek: :haha:

I think I will head up Saturday morning also. Mark M can I follow? I can hit I-5 at mile 221, probably 6:30-ish.

Running out of time to get maintenance done on the truck and jeep though, probably won't get to everything but it's not like we're leaving the country or anything. :eeek: :haha:

Nice Pat!

Yes my number 425 830 8657 PM me yours and I'll call you when I'm leaving.

Cool thanks Mark. :beer:

Do the border gaurds ever hassle trailer issues? Like breakaways or lighting? I'm pretty sure my breakaway is non-functioning and my third brake light is busted. I've never been pulled over with my trailer let alone cross a border, I'd hate to get turned away for something stupid.

Hi Mark this is Roger, wondering if i could also follow you to CA on sat. I am 15 min from border you can call me @815-7331 to touch basis

Just make sure it looks clean and has the appearance of function. Wash it! No dirt please.

Vehicle wise, going north and south, I have been asked if its my vehicle, what year it is, how long I have had it and to drive though the cameras while staying far right so they can take a picture of my plate instead of my spare tire (plate is under driver's side tail light). I think they just don't want to get out to get the plate number to enter into the computer. Know the plate for everything you got, if they ask, it goes much better/faster.

Or get a NEXUS pass.

just got all the interior back in
new side panels on
and some other little stuff fixed
not sure when im leavin yet
when is money leaving?

nice to see roger is going to make it up to

Ok.....read all of this please and give your input too.

Here is all that I know is going:

Bill
Terry
Me
Nate
Jason
Shelby
Markm
Pat
Stu
Wayne
Roger

That's alot of rigs to keep track of. You're cell phone won't work unless you have international minutes (I do). If you drive like i girl, you'll separate the group. And so on.....anywho.....

There are two popular routes.....the Algergrove boarder and the Sumas boarder. Mark and I have taken the Algergrove route many times and know it well. I'll advise others take the same route.

I'm going to split the group into 2 groups. Mine and Marks.

(I'm going Saturday morning now, of course)I'll take up:

Nate
Jason
Shelby
Roger

Mark will take up:

Pat
Stu
Wayne

Terry you're on your own. (I know you like that though)

Bill is on his own too........Bill? You know how to get there?:flipoff:

We should all be fooded up, gassed up (extra cans filled too) and have all necessary errands out of the way...........Reay to go at 6:30am.

Edit: Meeting place and map below.

One of the groups (mine) will meet up with Roger on our way up.

My Cell is 425-260-8794........Who else wants to go?:corn:

Last edited:
good to hear you're still coming terry.
any problems give me a call 604 968 0406 or text me as sometimes cells service suck up there
cheers Tom

There are two popular routes.....the Abbottsford boarder and the Sumas boarder. Mark and I have taken the Abbottsford route many times and know it well. I'll advise others take the same route.

I always thought the Sumas border was Abbotsford? Its open 24hrs Route 546/9

Lynden/Aldergrove is only open 8AM - Midnight. Route 539

I always thought the Sumas border was Abbotsford? Its open 24hrs Route 546/9

Lynden/Aldergrove is only open 8AM - Midnight. Route 539

:redneck:Ya...I meant Aldergrove....thanks. Corrected post.

And you are correct about the 8am opening of the Aldergrove boarder. Meeting at 6am allows just enough time to be "first in line" at the boarder at 8am.......usaully.:redneck:

I guess I could meet you guys at Dairy-Qeen right before the border in Alergrove enerance, lets say about 7:45 am saterday. This is my first time going north 'ay'.

I guess I could meet you guys at Dairy-Qeen right before the border in Alergrove enerance, lets say about 7:45 am saterday. This is my first time going north 'ay'.

That sounds perfect Roger. I have your number in my cell. I'll call you when we get close.

Looks like a fun weekend is on the menu.

I just figured I'd get started earlier on Friday since my bro' and I have the whole day off and it'd be nice to just take a leisurely drive up there.

Is Mission a good spot to get food and gas? From the map I was looking at, this kinda seemed like the last established town/city.

Terry