• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cannon tech

Welderd

So the cannon has been working good for a while now, thanks for the plans!!

I broke it last week on a tree while it was strapped into one of my turret mounts. Few bucks and some pvc glue and it was all fixed.

I've been wanting to shoot stuff farther and higher though, not to mention I'd like to do it faster and if possible have the projectiles flaming or glow in the dark.

Suggestions?

Currently we use water to seal stuff better and it works great but water isn't always accessible and quick

Here's the first flaming ball attempt - gasoline and a sponge ball

IMG_8389.jpg

it was pretty spectacular but the ball went maybe 10 feet - no weight and no wadding (liquid)

Flaming Ball Recipe : Gasoline and styrofoam mixture. slice open a tennis ball put the home-made napalm inside, shoot out of cannon!!! Worth a try!

Dedendar makes a silinoid for shifting with co2. I was thinking about hooking it up and you could shoot with just a button, but it's the loading thats slow. You would have to fab up some kind of slide to load evertime.

I also saw a new idea for a canon. you basicly weld a tube to an air tank (25+ gallons) pump it up and open valve. It's not so much the pressure it's the volume of air that comes out that launches objects.