• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cement filled block

ratedX

Anyone know if filling a block halfway will dramaticly affect the cooling of the system

yes it will, all the motor be fit for then is quarter mile, shut down and cool down,

uphill said:
yes it will, all the motor be fit for then is quarter mile, shut down and cool down,

Wrong, you can half fill a block with blockfill and run alcohol or propane and almost never half an issue if your cooling system in adequate. Almost all heat in an engine occurs in the combustion chambers/top end. The rest of the block and water jackets really just act as a heat shrink/fluid reservoir

Not trying to tell you what to do, and I'm not completely up on my ls stuff like I am on old school motors but isn't the 416" motors about as far as most go with an ls block? I know I am thinking about putting a turbo on one and I was told to keep it in the 390 range because of the piston pin heighth, they said the more stroke you went with the less abuse the motor would take

But I bet a good radiator mounted in the rear and not filling it anymore than you have to, you could get it to run decently cool, they run pretty warm stock

I have done a few, fill to the bottom of the water pump holes and it will be fine, like muddin metal said, most the heat is combustion chamber anyway

421 is the max u wanna go or a 4.100 sroke a 6.0 block has a ton of meat around the cylinder walls mines just gunna be bored 60 over instead of 30 and yea it got about 7 gallons in the cooling system so I think it should be fine

4.1 in a LS2 block is sketchy at best. They can get out of whack and shake above 4.0", I sure would like to see how this works out in the long run.

My tuners been running one for years in a drag car but well see how it wrks in a bouncer

muddinmetal , seems you was quick to try prove a man wrong, when you say almost never have a problem when you block feel a dam motor is ,lol, how many dam alcohol motors is running in the woods,

I'm betting some one runs alcohol before to long, Great cooling, instant response with a toilet or terminator and more power! I've been debating trying it on mine, I've even called Ron's to see if they had a barrel valve that would drive around a little better, but they said no that the throttle would just be an on - off switch

lol, fill it with block seel to the roof, and build it big, and have a alcohol pump truck to follow you threw the woods , after all, its only money, spend it, ;D

Elliott said:
I'm betting some one runs alcohol before to long, Great cooling, instant response with a toilet or terminator and more power! I've been debating trying it on mine, I've even called Ron's to see if they had a barrel valve that would drive around a little better, but they said no that the throttle would just be an on - off switch
Plus you would use almost double the alcohol than gas, and alcohol draws a ton of moisture, we would have to change the oil every other time we raced, looked like white chunky buttermilk