• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ceramic coating...

Draco

Anywhere good around the North Bama area that does this? Just need my exhaust done. I'd like to avoid shipping due to awkward size.

Just my .02 ......I have a friend that is an engineer for Volvo big trucks(he wheels as well). He did a study on this to see if it was worth applying to their trucks. To say it politely, he said he wouldn't even spend the companys' money to have it done due to the lack of heat reduction.

GONOVRIT said:
Just my .02 ......I have a friend that is an engineer for Volvo big trucks(he wheels as well). He did a study on this to see if it was worth applying to their trucks. To say it politely, he said he wouldn't even spend the companys' money to have it done due to the lack of heat reduction.

Wish he would've told me that before I had exhaust coated on race car.

The "look" is what I liked the most. molaugh

The way it's routed in my buggy I figure chrome plating will be a pain in the ass to care for. What other options are out there? Any input is welcome. The rusted stuff got to go.

GONOVRIT said:

Yep. Get some wrap and go to town. Heat shield is your friend.

74_Chevota said:
Yep. Get some wrap and go to town. Heat shield is your friend.

My headers are flipped upside down and the exhaust is ran toward the front of the buggy then goes down and back. Kind of a focal point on the front end. It'll have to be coated...well...I want it coated anyway. Gonna get with Nitro plate and see what they say.

Draco said:
My headers are flipped upside down and the exhaust is ran toward the front of the buggy then goes down and back. Kind of a focal point on the front end. It'll have to be coated...well...I want it coated anyway. Gonna get with Nitro plate and see what they say.

Gotcha. It does look damn good. Cant complain there. I would tell you, if you plan to wrap what goes under the buggy, dont get that portion nitro coated. If you wrap it, it will destroy the coating.

Latest posts