• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chain saw

honky kong said:
I own a tree service in Ms. And we run stihl and Husk. You can't go wrong with ether saw. THEY BOTH HAVE PRO's AND CON's, Good luck

My opinion exactly, both are good saws. I recomend not to buy one from lowes or home depot or chain stores like that. They dont seem to hold up as good. Find a good saw shop and buy one there, Mught pay a little more but you wil usally find people that know more and that can point you in the right direction.

Bigger is not always better when it comes to saws. Be realistic in how much your going to cut and how big you need to cut. Think about how long you will be using. I used to grab the biggest saw I could for work, when all the old and big guys would grab something with a 14"-16" bar and laugh at me. At the end of the day they still felt fine and were ready for more. A good running 16" saw is probably fine for 95% of home/camp owners.

we use a stihl ms290 farm boss with 18" bar and it does awesome!!! its a bit on the heavy side for limb trimming when tree is down though so we pair it up with a stihl ms170 and makes quick work of the tree

The 029 Farm boss (MS290) you will be happy. But really either a Stihl or husky. Have a friend with the 455Rancher and he is happy with it.

sledneck said:
Bigger is not always better when it comes to saws. Be realistic in how much your going to cut and how big you need to cut. Think about how long you will be using. I used to grab the biggest saw I could for work, when all the old and big guys would grab something with a 14"-16" bar and laugh at me. At the end of the day they still felt fine and were ready for more. A good running 16" saw is probably fine for 95% of home/camp owners.

That's the difference in using a saw all day for work, or using it for a couple hours a few times a year at home. I'd rather have a saw that is a little "big" and will get those one tree jobs done faster.

If I had to lug it around all day in the log woods, or hanging from a bucket truck, it'd be a different story.

Had to borrow my stepdads husky couple months ago. It was bought new over 10yr ago, used 1-3 times and put up with gas in it. Sat for nearly 7yr since the last use. I put a lil fresh gas in choked it and pulled half a dozen times and had it running like a champ. I was speechless :****:

RobbyBobby said:
I heard Glen digs husky- says they chop up through the hookers with the quickness when you gotta git em gone

Are we Stihl on this subject? :flipoff1:

And Husky hookers require more work to chop up. skully :****: