• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cheap Air Cooled VW's

L

lowbudgetjunk

In college you could pick up Beetles and Super Beetles on the cheap. I am not so sure these days, but I am still looking nonetheless. My 5 year old daughter has fallen in love with the idea of painting one up with flowers and the like and who am I not to indulge? Where does one find a decent running, halfway solid car for cheap these days? I'd like to build it into a sleeper when it is all said and done. Got my doors blown off by a built VW that wheelied away fromthe stop light on Wire at the intersection of Shug. Since that day, I always vowed to have one that was a Mustang/Camaro killer.

As well, some of you guys post up some of your big HP builds, as I know there have to be a couple closet VW guys in here.

Wife sent me this one the other day just to check out.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5967488065.html

Not a sleeper, but could out wheel the Tracker...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1638350486429453/permalink/1780336142230886/?sale_post_id=1780336142230886

Buddy of mines got this one for sale over near you. He's over in rainbow city I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old one. 2332cc

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    592.7 KB · Views: 117
Friend of mine in Columbus is a VW guy. Here is his group His name is Rick

https://m.facebook.com/Scumbugs-399050693501572/

Though she has no idea what she decided, she chose stroker over turbo. Running and driving by summer is the goal. I am going to let her hand paint a fender over the summer. Each year we will upgrade something and we will paint another section. When it becomes uncool, I will put it up in the shop until she wants it again.

It is similar in idea to my boys Willys. Upgrade over time, enjoy the memories we make while building it. I will let her help weld in the rear floor pans, pick out parts and lead the project, even if it isn't the direction I would go.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Though she has no idea what she decided, she chose stroker over turbo. Running and driving by summer is the goal. I am going to let her hand paint a fender over the summer. Each year we will upgrade something and we will paint another section. When it becomes uncool, I will put it up in the shop until she wants it again.

It is similar in idea to my boys Willys. Upgrade over time, enjoy the memories we make while building it. I will let her help weld in the rear floor pans, pick out parts and lead the project, even if it isn't the direction I would go.

That's awesome

Re:

It is a 73 Super. I am the second owner. Hasn't been on the road since 1984.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

I dont know where your located but Keith Mitchell is close to Tuscaloosa and he will have the hard to find parts that you need. He does great work. 205-752-0962

lowbudgetjunk said:

I like your style, sir.

I hope to retake this picture in a decade. It was through the dirty glass, but the faces were priceless.

5b638d58b805a8302322bdc5793eaa89.jpg

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

This is awesome Kel. Props to you for doing all this with your children. I wish I would have been financially stable enough to do that kind of stuff with my kids when they were younger. May have to look into projects like this once grandkids come along. Thanks for the ideas. :dblthumb: