• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cheap or DIY air plenum/snorkel

Steele3

Looking for an air plenum for a Carb that's not real expensive or mabey a homemade setup. I'm prepping my jeep for a tough truck race this weekend that has a couple deep water/mud holes that are a real problem to hit hard for open element cleaners, I'm only running a 305 with a holly truck avenger, so I don't need a super high flow setup, just need a way to plum the Carb to the inside of the tub.

I have seen the plenums in jegs but I think a 100 is a bit steep, anybody have an old setup they would get rid of or know of a easy way to make one?

Where to get it, and What kind of hose to use to run from the Carb to filter?

Re: Re: Cheap or DIY air plenum/snorkel

Ive made a few for carb setups. .easy to do.
Roll a piece of 1/8" rod the diameter of the carb.
Then roll a piece of steel the height u want to the diameter of the carb (typically 6.25" If I remember right)
Cut circular plate with 1/4" hole in top.

Tig weld everything together, the burn a hole 3 or 4 " in diameter in one side or multiple, tig weld a exhaust coupling to the hole you cut.

Made bout 15-20 of em and they have worked well. .
Ill try to find a pic.

sended frum dis stoopid fone

Big86inthestixx said:
Ive made a few for carb setups. .easy to do.
Roll a piece of 1/8" rod the diameter of the carb.
Then roll a piece of steel the height u want to the diameter of the carb (typically 6.25" If I remember right)
Cut circular plate with 1/4" hole in top.

Tig weld everything together, the burn a hole 3 or 4 " in diameter in one side or multiple, tig weld a exhaust coupling to the hole you cut.

Made bout 15-20 of em and they have worked well. .
Ill try to find a pic.

Got any pictures of what you are talking about?

There is one on top of this chevy 360..
tapatalk_1378713686900.jpg

Crappie picture..looking for a gooder one.

Have one you would part with? I only have a wire welder and very little fab skills, but I get how you made it, If I can find the materials I may try to make one, just use heavier materials i guess.

What did you use for flexiable tubing, or did you just use that boot and go hard pipe to the air cleaner?

Latest posts