• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cheapest and best winch??

kdoss54

Take it easy, if it's easy take it twice.
i thought there was a thread about winches. I remember TSC having some but couldn't remember the reviews can anyone point me in the right direction I need one that will pull a 2500 lb buggy where ever i need (to the trailer) most likely :flipgotcha:

Smittybuilt. I've got the X20 10K. For the price it's hard to beat I would think.

Buddy of mine has an older XRC8 and it's never let him down.

Re:

Engo winches are best bang for the buck. Awesome reviews and good price.
Holler at Joey at 4wdfactory.com

To be honest I use the tsc winches and they are reliable. They get used 4 times a week, usually on low batteries for about 10 minutes. They last for 4 years I have some that are two some that are two models older than what they sell now.

Only issues I've encountered with the TSC's are the slow speeds. Maybe it's from being spoiled by what I've had for so long, but on long pulls it sometimes sucks.

Harbor freight winches are pretty good, they are slow but reliable, just don't use they're supplied resistor block on hot wire and my xrc8 been great for about 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had a T-Maxx branded (chineese imported) 9500 for 15yrs with no major problems. It wont float a buzzbait like the old 8274's would do but it will eventually drag what ever its hooked to.

I've had smittybuilt winches on a couple different rigs. They have never let me down.

I went to eBay and found X BULL anyone ever heard of that. I can get a 12,000lb for 269.00$ anyone know of a better deal? don't really wanna spend 400-600$.... or is it one of those things i just really need to spend the extra money on.

tonybolton said:
Aren't smittybilt 8ks 300 shipped everywhere?

Not sure how accurate those weight ratings are....

The small smittybilt is the xrc9.5 now, and yeah they are under $300 with steel cable, bout $420 with rope. Nice winches. Better than the ol xrc8.

I have both btw.

TBItoy said:
The small smittybilt is the xrc9.5 now, and yeah they are under $300 with steel cable, bout $420 with rope. Nice winches. Better than the ol xrc8.

I have both btw.

I just picked up the xrc9.5 myself. Managed to pull my junk up the driveway. That's the extent of my testing so far but seems like a nice unit.

Smittybuilt on my truck friggin flies! I was spooling up the line on the driveway for the first time so I put the rig on the end of it in neutral just to add some mild drag. Started winching the line in and by the time it got to me the jeep was rolling with speed uphill. I had to catch the jeep and stop it.

When the warn goes out on my rig, I'm getting another smitty.

XRC 9,500 w/synthetic rope here. Not mounted yet . My father-in-law Has one and it is a nice unit and it works well. Can't wait to get mine going.

Comeup winches are gaining a following in the rock crawl community. I think they are a budget modeled winch line..

Re:

I had a smittybuilt xrc8 winch on my rig, I was not impressed, I pulled it off and put a warn on it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk