• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cheerokee shifting

redneck.79

hi i have a 90 cherokee. i am having shifting problems. the darn thing wont shift untill 4 grand. i have reset the kickdown seval times and still no go how ever come to find out the guy i got the jeep from changed trannies. and the whole reason he changed trannies was cause it was doing the same thing as this tranny is. Could it be the torqe converter or maby the front pump. are they computer controled what I am lost need an easy fix> Help me Somebody :D

Edited by me. Was in a different(wrong) section, now that it is in the correct, no use in makin jokes.

Last edited:
They are computer cotrolled. It has a TCU up under by the glove box And is run by a VSS vehicle speed sensor at the back of the tranny. It sounds like the VSS isn't working working so it doesnt know when to shift. I run this same tranny and put in a manual push button shifter from AWSHIFTING.com and now I controll the shift points like it were a stick.:D

They are computer cotrolled. It has a TCU up under by the glove box And is run by a VSS vehicle speed sensor at the back of the tranny. It sounds like the VSS isn't working working so it doesnt know when to shift. I run this same tranny and put in a manual push button shifter from AWSHIFTING.com and now I controll the shift points like it were a stick.:D

thanks ill try the vss now cause i took the tcu out of another jeep cherokee from under the glove box and no go so i will try the vss. How much did the shifter run you i am going to look them up tonight my self but just curious to what u paid :awesomework:

seriuosly change your tps sensor if you didnt live so far away id do it for you i owned 8 jeep cherokee wheelers atleast 6 of them had this problem:awesomework:

It actually needs to be adjusted with a DVOM or a scan tool, eye-balling it back into place won't cut it.

well thanks guys for all your help it was the tps and now the jeep shifts great i must have been lucky cause it doesnt idle high right now but if it does how much would u charge me Avanteone to adjust it right

It actually needs to be adjusted with a DVOM or a scan tool, eye-balling it back into place won't cut it.

This is true its around 3.5 volts at full throttel and .5 volts at idle or something like that Dont quote me on the volts I just know it needs to be done with a dvom

Cool on the fix

Latest posts