• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cherokee coolant temp guage

MarcW

well, i have a 1996 cherokee, the OBD2 changeover year, and i put an earlier (i think 1993?) guage cluster in there so i had a tach. everything works except the coolant temp guage. i had to replace the oil pressure sender, but now that works. I have the problem with the Coolant tempurture sensor. i tried to put a Sensor in the cylinder head for a 1996 grand cherokee, but the GC uses a 14mm socket to bolt it on, and the 1996 cherokee uses a 13mm, and the GC sensor would not fit without some hammer massaging on the valve cover, and i would rather not compromise the seal. should i try some earlier cherokee sensors? should i take it to the damn dealership? someone help me, i like to know how hot my engine is running, since i rev the piss out of it constantly, and dont want to overheat it. the GC sensor wouldnt even get close to bottoming out the threads/head, and i was worried about a good seal.

someone help me monitor my engine coolant temp. :cheer:

i got my phrasing wrong i think, im looking for the correct, 13mm headed SENDER for the guage to work, its on the back of the cylinder head underneath the main wiring loom. there is a sensor for the computer on the t stat housing, but the sender for the guage is separet.