• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy 10 bolt axle shaft

I think brian is thinking d44 (but I don't know if the 10b is the same) the 3/4 ton d44 shafts are narrower than the 1/2 tons. (at least on dodges...)

I think brian is thinking d44 (but I don't know if the 10b is the same) the 3/4 ton d44 shafts are narrower than the 1/2 tons. (at least on dodges...)

No 10 bolt. When my tahoes rearend went out i was gonna use and older one and apparently the older ones are not as wide. So if thats the case the axles shafts are also not as wide.

The Burb in those years still had the solid axle...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember the shafts being the same...

And I was assuming he was talking front when he said 10b in a 3/4 ton...

EDIT: The spline changed on the 10b shafts at some point, can't remember what years though...

Last edited:
1990/91 10 bolt front might be 30 spline inners, where as the older 1978-1989 gm10 bolt fronts are 28 spline inners.

On another note: if he does have 30 spline 10 bolt. Could a 30 spline 44 shaft work?

NO ,,, the 44 is a wider diff making the inner axles shorter

1990/91 10 bolt front might be 30 spline inners, where as the older 1978-1989 gm10 bolt fronts are 28 spline inners.

yup this is true as I discovered. so I might not wheel this weekend. but I will pick up the axles. how bout if I switch spiders and both axle shafts ??? I do have another 90axle that is compleate.