• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chevy Dana 60 Front End Ring And Pinion

bigblue79

I can not keep a Ring And Pinion. In the Front.
I wont to Know the best Ring and Pinion out there.
Any suggestion.

Thanks,
What is the best name brand to run.
I have been running a G-2 gear. I have broke 4 set in the last 2 years. The last set lasted 3 rides.
These time the pinion shaft broke.
Is nitro gear are Yukon any better.

Richmonds are good, yukons are also. I'm trying a Sierra right now in my jeep it's doing good. But if you've been having problems go with a Richmond

ya Richmonds are awsome laughing1
2012-02-09_16-38-54_390.jpg

I put Nitro gears in my axles we will see how long they last. I know Madram 11 has had good luck out of his Nitro gear sets. Bryan cole likes the Richmond Pro Gears.

Was that a pro gear and how it set up? That looks like the gear I just took out of my 9" that someone had the depth off on it.I broke it all to he'll with a 4 cylinder.getting it set right makes a world of difference,and pro gears are way to soft for the rocks, they are designed for drag racing only.Nice carnage tho!

Set up is key. You can send them to longfield and get them treated wich makes them MUCH stronger. If I break mine again I goin to a higher ratio or 14.

Pro gears are made to have a little give and not be so brittle when the gear gets shocked off the starting line for racing. Thats why Im sure Bryan likes them too when you get to bouncing out on the rocks they have that little bit of give rather than just chunk teeth off the gear because they are too brittle and cant take the shock load. They are the **** for all out rock bouncing and wouldnt hesitate to run them in any trail only rig, I doubt very seriously they get run enough to wear them out like they would if ran on the street. On the other hand if youd like something a little bit cheaper get a set of Yukons and send them to Bobby Long and have them treated. I have a set of 5.29 Yukons treated by him in some Toyota axles and they have held up great with A LOT of beatings in two different cab truck on cut 39.5 TSLs no broke gears but cant keep the damn hubs on the axles spits them off on a regular basis..

I have broke Yukon, Nitro and Pro Gear. I think for the money the Nitro gear is the way to go. I talked to Chase at East Coast Gear Supply and thats what he recommended. I now have the Jana76 kit with Nitro Gears. So far so good, its been in there about a year. I need to pull the cover and check it out just haven't had time.
Like said earlier in this thread setup is everything.

bigblue79 said:
I have been running a G-2 gear. I have broke 4 set in the last 2 years. The last set lasted 3 rides.
These time the pinion shaft broke.
Cheepor ain't all ways better, wunder why their is free reeplacemint on G-2, Prolly in set -up tho. :****: molaugh

Cole said:
Had a local guy here in Tuscaloosa do it. He sets all of my gears up and is really good.
I haven't broke a r&p jack set up yet. Had 5.29s in the yota on 39s that had the **** beat out of them for 4 years and had 0 problem. I broke one set every few rides untill I maned up, bought good gears and had them treated, and paid to have them set up by a pro!

bigblue79 said:
Cole do you have the # to the shop that done yours. the last two that done mine sux. Looking to go with the jana 76. If you had to do it all over would you do the same are go with a 14 bolt. Thanks for all the comments. For some that is.

Sent you a PM. It would have required a bunch of custom fab work to make a 14 fit in the front of my buggy with it being narrowed and I didn't want to have to get new axle shafts made since I have a lot invested in mine.

bigblue79 said:
Cole do you have the # to the shop that done yours. the last two that done mine sux. Looking to go with the jana 76. If you had to do it all over would you do the same are go with a 14 bolt. Thanks for all the comments. For some that is.

Did not mean to strike a nerve there Big Blue, I just remember hearing what a good deal you got on them thar gears from 4Wheel Parts. I'd go with Chase at East Coast Gear and git back to spinnin dem big ole tars !!! :driving: