• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHEVY DANA 60 KING PIN QUESTION

gray tj

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in length or any other difference on the axle shafts on a Chevy Dana 60 front kingpin..Trying to buy an extra set of axles and not sure what year mine,I was hoping they were all the same length.Any help would be great.

Chow will help you ;D

Long side inner: 35.07"
Short side inner: 17.67"
Stubs: 12"

All Chevy lengths are the same ('77-'91)

Your welcome.

Lauderdale said:
I got a chevy60 but it's not a kingpin. Came out of a 1986 k30. Any knowledge on anyone running this axle?

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk!

Are ya sure its not a 8 lug D44?

As far as I know all Chevy Dana 60's are king pin. Someone may have swapped a dodge 60 in it at some point. :dunno:

So if one wanted to upgrade stubs to 35 spline for cheap what factory 60s had them to swap in.

ldudley said:

No. Did research M1008 I believe did come with a dana 60. Just there's just not a surplus of them. Also saw a thread on pirate the listings of dana 60 GM and It was under it. There's no stamping or engravings on the chunk.

The only balljoint 60s that were made are 92+ Fords and 94+ Dodges (Dodges have CAD and unit bearings)

I bet someone snagged the 60 out of the M1008 and swapped in a D44 8 lug (pretty common...)

Lauderdale said:
No. Did research M1008 I believe did come with a dana 60. Just there's just not a surplus of them. Also saw a thread on pirate the listings of dana 60 GM and It was under it. There's no stamping or engravings on the chunk.

An M1008 would in fact have a Dana 60 in the front. However it would be a kingpin axle. Not the ball joint one you mentioned. Hence the reference to an 8 lug 44.

Got pics..

My guess is you either have an 8 lug ball joint d44 or a kingpin 60.

Lauderdale said:
I tore the goofy axle down its a 28 spline 10 bolt. Guess that makes the supposedly 1 ton Cucv a half ton instead. :'(

Hope you didnt pay Dana 60 prices for a "scrap" axle.