• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chevy guys...we better get ready tonight!

Getting my 250 back this weekend. Afer pulling my rig to harlan with the exact truck shown above on the trailer I wouldn`t trade it for nothing. Dodges junk, Only thing the chevy has going for it is a good trans. But hell the 250 5r110 is just as good as the allison. Period.. and i get the better interior of all the models without the junkie ass IFS under the chevy as well.

I would definitely own a duramax before I would own a 6-uhoh powerstroke and I am a ford man. I can also admit when something is a mistake and the 6.0 was definitely that.

truckbroke said:
Getting my 250 back this weekend. Afer pulling my rig to harlan with the exact truck shown above on the trailer I wouldn`t trade it for nothing. Dodges junk, Only thing the chevy has going for it is a good trans. But hell the 250 5r110 is just as good as the allison. Period.. and i get the better interior of all the models without the junkie ass IFS under the chevy as well.
So what is the story on the truck, I shot that picture near my house in Locust Grove Ga about a week ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I meant I used one identical to it color an all.. Not that exact truck. The one I used did not break down. It did the job just isn`t my preference of truck.

I will agree 6.0 had there problems and should have been studded from the factory and had coolant filters put on them from the factory. I have had 5 7.3`s and would not trade my 6.0 for one of them. My truck has 218,000 miles on it and has not given a minutes trouble other than 1 injector and this head gasket problem which is my fault for repeatedly running the **** out of it with a big tune for a few years now. Hell I drove it 2 hour to get there and yes I sprayed a few cars with coolant on the way. Sorry if you were on I75 that day.

My buddy drives a Dodge, can anyone tell me, why it is necessaryto make a motor so loud??? When he cranks it up at night I want to kill him! My god, unbelievable how loud it is.. I think thats what happens is they rattle apart from the motor.. He's havin a lot of problems with it now..
Mattman347 said:
Yeah my poor slow ford... molaugh All its good for is daily driving, towing, sled pulling, drag racing and dirt drag racing. What a pile!

http://youtu.be/SNmopLUCvQQ
http://youtu.be/s7_CfUjyp9k
Imagine if there was a sled behind you! Hahah :woot:

kushKrawlin said:
My buddy drives a Dodge, can anyone tell me, why it is necessaryto make a motor so loud??? When he cranks it up at night I want to kill him! My god, unbelievable how loud it is.. I think thats what happens is they rattle apart from the motor..

^^^^^

Loud as hell.. I hate hearing my buddies when were on a trip and he gets next to me. Its straight piped and makes me wanna wreck his ass. My 6.0 is straight piped and sounds way better. I bet Dodge knew the brakes would probably fail at some point and made them loud so at least someone would hear that heep coming an get out the way.

tonybolton said:
Be sure to make sure all your Ford emergency extraction gear is accounted for and ready to use!

Serious flurries headed toward east Tennessee.

My extraction kit includes;
Fresh maxi pads to keep thier bleeding down.
New skirt for them to change into.
Cabbage patch doll to comfort them.
Hot mocha cappacino with whip cream
WiFi Hotspot so they can post thier wheelin pix to FaceSpace.

What do you guys use? 8):p:-*:D::);)

My experience with Chevys says, U better take a fuel measuring stick cuz u know ur fuel gauge probably ain't right, better yet an entire freakin cluster, maybe a spotlight cuz the headlights might melt (yep happened to me) fuel pump may go out, code reader to find out why the check engine light is on, some way to Hotwire past the busted tumblers in the ignition switch, a master brake cylinder, transmission, transmission and maybe a 3rd transmission, and some tape to hold the window up, ok I'm tired of typing. Then you may make it to extract a Ford. Or you could just hop in the old Yota and be back home in a Jiff.

See y'all Later, I gotta go work on a duramax

mtnride said:
My experience with Chevys says, U better take a fuel measuring stick cuz u know ur fuel gauge probably ain't right, better yet an entire freakin cluster, maybe a spotlight cuz the headlights might melt (yep happened to me) fuel pump may go out, code reader to find out why the check engine light is on, some way to Hotwire past the busted tumblers in the ignition switch, a master brake cylinder, transmission, transmission and maybe a 3rd transmission, and some tape to hold the window up, ok I'm tired of typing. Then you may make it to extract a Ford. Or you could just hop in the old Yota and be back home in a Jiff.

See y'all Later, I gotta go work on a duramax

Troof.

Bottom line- they're all junk til we get rid of CAFE standards.

So I was reading on news question of the day. Will the new aluminum Ford F 150 set a new industry standard or cost Ford its pickup truck crown?......... The first comment on the blog was.......... "it'll make the POS easier to push home." ;D ;D

I know the body shop guys will hate that all aluminum truck, more or less will have to replace any panel that's damaged, instead of working the dents out.

Actually, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the last 3 years of Ford aluminum is pretty good. It works pretty nice and access is not too bad. Unlike all of the years prior, where I would much rather set them on fire.

Vertical aluminum panels (doors, fenders, quarters) actually work really well. If Ford would pull their head out of their ass and brace the panels differently, I'd be much happier. Lol

Re: Re: Chevy guys...we better get ready tonight!

Bumping this back up due to recent weather in E.Tenn. ..

Yup....that's 2wd chevy tracks.

52755dac583b7b796555c7a68d828ec8.jpg