• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy spring swap gone bad. Help!

is the slip worn out? grap it by the dust cover of the slip and move it side to side while it is bolted in, doing it on the bench sometimes is not enough. my buggys front slip is worn and does the same thing.
also check the tightness of the nut on the rear output flange, had them come loose before too and causes the d line to move around making noise .

I just did this, exactly. same swap same noise. I can now rail with zero vibes on 35's

I got an early model yota front drive line. Make sure it is the one with the highest working angle OEM avail.Took the dual cardan joint and my rear shaft to the drive line shop and gave em my measurements.

Done and done..

Previouse to this I had tried different.
-clutch
-pilot and TO bearing.
-Flywheel
-transmission
-tcase
-3x rear drivelines
-many different ujoints
-went from 4.88s to 5.29s.
-did both rear wheel bearings
-Changed transfercase and pinon angles anywhich way possible.

Trucks tip top now, but it was that dammed dual cardan joint that fixed it...

EDIT- But I cant get a front shaft to work, PERIOD... so lame, I feel like a :looser:

Last edited:
If you can't make a front driveline work you need to take out about a foot of lift. Or are you trying to use pre 83 driveline ends? First gen drivelines are crap, the distance from the joint to the flange is too short so they have extremely limited angle.

If I lost a foot of lift I would be almost to stock height. Every person I talk to says I don't understand it seems right. I am at a point I need help. I'm to new it this to know what I'm looking at

Wtf you seriously have that much lift? If so leave the front driveline off, the whores at the mall don't know the difference. :haha: There is no reqson to have that much lift on a yota. Lose the McDonald's arch springs, drop bracketry and trim the body some then things will work.

You never did answer the question about the driveline though. Is it pre or post 83?

Currently it has single joints front and rear. I don't know what year there from. Hub to front flare is 27" hub to rear flare is 26". I followed tg's instructions mainly. I do have body trimmed. I moved front forward as much as possible?

I was being somewhat sarcastic. I mean I would be dragging my body on my 35's everywhere. Just like Chop shop said in another thread, my truck isnt huge.

I mean all I know is I am 27"-26" front rear hub to flares. Could someone measure there truck and see how tall I am compared to?

Last edited: