• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHEVY V30 CREW CAB DUALLY 4x4

zuk-86

I just picked this up today , i got it for my uncle , was gonna be mine but being the nice guy i am gave it up to him .:awesomework: its a 1990 chevy v30 crewcab dually 4x4 , engine caught fire , intention is to put a cummins in it

CHEVYV30duallycrewcab4x4.jpg

I just picked this up today , i got it for my uncle , was gonna be mine but being the nice guy i am gave it up to him .:awesomework: its a 1990 chevy v30 crewcab dually 4x4 , engine caught fire , intention is to put a cummins in it

That would be a bad ass truck with that motor in it.:cool:

yea i actually wanted to keep it , but my uncle really needs/wants a truck , so i figured i would give it him , i already have me a 95 f350 dually crewcab 4x4 with a powerstroke in it

do the cummins swap and give him your ford

i dont think i could do that , i like my ford to much , plus im a ford guy , but i have always liked the old chevys / gmcs , eventually im gonna do a cummins/allison swap in the ford :awesomework:

here is a pic of the ford

P1050198.jpg

P1050200.jpg

put the Cummins in the Ford and the stroke in the cheb and call it good.:D

yea , cummins in both would be better , in the ford im gonna end up doing a cummins / allison swap in the near future thats already the plan but not sure when cause the motor in the ford has only 125k and a long way to go

gives you time to look for the cummins, once you get all the needed parts sell the stroke (worth more in good running condition) and swap in the Cummins :cool:

the engine caught fire , it was a 454 orginally and previous owner put a 350 tbi in it , he thinks distributor caught fire

The fuel lines on the TBI were probably leaking, and the coil (or distributor for that matter) sit right NEXT to the lines...and either one likely had spark leaking from them (arching), causing the fire...:awesomework:

pretty sure he meant keep the cummins in a Dodge. Don't disgrace it in a Chebby. :kissmybutt:

I have a 79 Dodge 4 door dually that is getting a 4wd conversion and scummins. someday....

figured so much , the only good thing about dodge is the cummins , the only good thing about chevy is the alison , and ford well it just looks better than dodge and chevy except i like the old chevys :awesomework::D

figured so much , the only good thing about dodge is the cummins , the only good thing about chevy is the alison , and ford well it just looks better than dodge and chevy except i like the old chevys :awesomework::D

That is about what I was thinking. I think they should offer 3/4 & 1 tons like they do the big rigs. You pick the body, drive train, interior and in X amount of time you get your truck. I am not brand specific, but the Cummins is the motor of choice and if I am going with an auto the Alison is by far the top pick.

That is about what I was thinking. I think they should offer 3/4 & 1 tons like they do the big rigs. You pick the body, drive train, interior and in X amount of time you get your truck. I am not brand specific, but the Cummins is the motor of choice and if I am going with an auto the Alison is by far the top pick.

yea that would be sweet , im sure you can do it but you probably gotta pay up

The fuel lines on the TBI were probably leaking, and the coil (or distributor for that matter) sit right NEXT to the lines...and either one likely had spark leaking from them (arching), causing the fire...:awesomework:

yea thats what i was thinking , how do you fix this problem , replace the fuel lines? there is another chevy like this one im looking at and has the same problem

If I would have kept my SRW Chevy crew cab, it would have eventually lost the tbi 454 and gotten a 12v...

If I would of thought about it at the time, I could have bought the other bus and dropped the dta360 and 4sd alison from it into the crew cab...:cool:

Either way, the Cummins is the only reason to own a dodge...:fawkdancesmiley:

Not really sure if there's a reason to own a ford...:redneck:

Keep us updated on the progress...

yea thats what i was thinking , how do you fix this problem , replace the fuel lines? there is another chevy like this one im looking at and has the same problem

Often times it's just a bad oring, or the adapters are loose on the back of the tbi...