• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC- Memorial day weekend

I plan on being there with my wheels on. Can't wait to ease up the boat ramp, tame hell's revenge and the playground. Got a bunch of new parts on Pearl and she is ready to crawl. See you on the mountains :driving:

Gonna try to get over there for a day trip, probably Sunday.

Not going to do anything hardcore but will definitely will hang out!

sticky said:
I plan on being there with my wheels on. Can't wait to ease up the boat ramp, tame hell's revenge and the playground. Got a bunch of new parts on Pearl and she is ready to crawl. See you on the mountains :driving:

We have a few new ones over in the BOAT RAMP area with a lot of LaRge RoCk!!!

gOAt hiLL and PICK YeR POISON

me, mahan and a few others r planning on riding up if nothin chances. we should have mahan back up and running so hopefully we b back in full force , both in buggys again. Trey r u going get your buggy out and ride with us this time.

RKEY said:
me, mahan and a few others r planning on riding up if nothin chances. we should have mahan back up and running so hopefully we b back in full force , both in buggys again. Trey r u going get your buggy out and ride with us this time.

So are we debuting the new buggy at Choc.

RKEY said:

Gonna try, I need to get out and have some fun. Ive been busy working on the camp ground here lately putting in RV hook ups.

bjs92toy said:
:dunno: Trey will there be a camping upcharge for power usage??
Gonna have to charge a little something for power usage to pay the bill. I dont really know how much yet, There is a big difference between a box fan in a tent and a couple of roof air conditioners running all day. :dunno: We are setting 8 70ft pull through spots with 30, 50, and 110 gfi plug ins. Along with water. no sewer hook up yet but we do have a dump station. Each 70ft spot will have grass for tents, fire ring and picnic table. :dblthumb:

Its gonna take a several more weeks to finish but we are working on now. I think the power company has forgot about new busines ever since the storm, but they have their hands full right now!

Trey said:
Gonna have to charge a little something for power usage to pay the bill. I dont really know how much yet, There is a big difference between a box fan in a tent and a couple of roof air conditioners running all day. :dunno: We are setting 8 70ft pull through spots with 30, 50, and 110 gfi plug ins. Along with water. no sewer hook up yet but we do have a dump station. Each 70ft spot will have grass for tents, fire ring and picnic table. :dblthumb:

Its gonna take a several more weeks to finish but we are working on now. I think the power company has forgot about new busines ever since the storm. :dunno:

On charging:

30 AMP is just that, 30amps. That is what MMORV has and they charge $20 a weekend. I feel that is low.
50 AMP is a 240 volt drop that has two 50 amp (110 volt) sides, that is 100 amps of power that can be pulled from the pedistal. You take an RV like mine with three air conditioners and electric hot water, I can use up some power. I feel you should charge $25 per night for the 50 amp spots.

When I have assisted MMORV at rides during the summer (high usage), I have charged $30+ for the weekend (Friday - Sunday).

If I run my deisel 10,000 watt generator from Friday to Sunday. Assuming Friday 12 hours, Saturday 24 hours, Sunday 12 hours. I will burn about 6/10 gallon per hour, or about 29 gallons of deisel. At $4 a gallon, it will cost me $116 to supply my own power. This is what I do at MMORV bacause their sites are more out of level than my air ride will level. I can only be out 7" in my 270" wheelbase, plus 30 amps will not keep my coach cool in the summer. In the winter, the 30 amp is a non-issue, as my heat is deisel.