• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

Trey said:
Wow, Thankyou HARDLINE Family!!!! :dblthumb:

APRIL 11

This would be a great time to get together to do this :dblthumb: Any help or insite in organizing such an event would be helpful.

This will be a open ride weekend to HARDLINE CRAWLER viewers at free of charge who are willing to attend to help out. I will provide all materials needed, just need help organizing.

THANK YOU,

Trey

I have talked to Trey and others. This event will not be free. We will pay standard park fees. If we don't it will just become a free for all ride, not what we want.

I have the screws and bits being shipped in. Should be here by the end of the week.

bsj92toy, do you have any white paint left over? If so, bring it to paint the ends and fix any that need it. If not, tell me what you used, and I will buy more. Do you have enough lumber for 250 to 300 signs, if not, let me know the number of board feet I need to bring.

I still need to buy and bring with me:

1 gallon - Black oil based paint
12 - 1/2" or 3/4" brushes (for lettering)
1 - 2" brush
12 - grease pencils for lettering.

What still need people to bring.

4+ step ladders
4+ cordless drills with extra batteries

Need people with good printing skills to use grease pencil to make sign. Then those with a steady hand to paint their lines with black paint.

Also need people that know the park well to help with sign locations.

This should be a fun weekend, but one with a lot of work. Looking forward to this. Who all is in?!?!?!?

I think a free for all ride where you only have a few assholes that ride and don't work would be well worth the revamping of the signage throughout the park, especially as big of a task as this is. Can't believe everyone willing to come work all day still has to pay to get in.

TacomaJD said:
I think a free for all ride where you only have a few assholes that ride and don't work would be well worth the revamping of the signage throughout the park, especially as big of a task as this is. Can't believe everyone willing to come work all day still has to pay to get in.

Go ride your scooter :stir: :flipoff1:

John, I am just curious as to what changed from Trey posting that it would be a free event for those working to now having to pay? I don't mind paying to work because Ill be riding too. I know Trey has spent a ton of money on the park, especially running equipment to cut roads and build the lake and it is all greatly appreciated. I am just wondering why the change of heart. Seems like a relatively small group who are actually coming.

Re: Re: CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

creepycrawly said:
John, I am just curious as to what changed from Trey posting that it would be a free event for those working to now having to pay? I don't mind paying to work because Ill be riding too. I know Trey has spent a ton of money on the park, especially running equipment to cut roads and build the lake and it is all greatly appreciated. I am just wondering why the change of heart. Seems like a relatively small group who are actually coming.
Because this is the internet and a free park entry is like fresh kill to a bunch of vultures on the Serengeti. If it's advertised as a free weekend you'd have to walk across cages to hang signs.

I was in; things change. My uncles health is declining and I am spending the weekend with him and my aunt. Glad you guys are helping out and sad I cant be of assistance. Next go round, count me in.

Re: Re: CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

TBItoy said:
Because this is the internet and a free park entry is like fresh kill to a bunch of vultures on the Serengeti. If it's advertised as a free weekend you'd have to walk across cages to hang signs.

It's an off weekend, even it were scavenged as free I highly doubt there'd be much traffic there over the normal off weekend.

creepycrawly said:

To support Trey and the park. To keep it from being a free, non working, weekend. There was talk around a campfire one of the last times there. If you, or someone, is on that tight a budget, see me and i'll pay your entry.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

No Sir. If $25 to get in is gonna break me, I need to reevaluate my priorities. As I said, I have zero issue supporting this place. Great folks and a great park. I was just curious about the shift as the free part actually came from the horse's mouth so to speak. Ill show up and pay and work and have a fine time. I do appreciate the offer just as much as I appreciate having a place to ride.

Bronco Buster said:
I'm in and should have some extra help with me. We will just need a ride when we get there. Life has happened and I don't have the buggy together.

I should have a spare seat open. Don't know if it will be the jeep or the RZR...

creepycrawly said:
I was just curious about the shift as the free part actually came from the horse's mouth so to speak.

The change was Trey's friends idea around a fire. Not Trey. We want people that genually want to help the park, and Trey. Not publish a free event. That was the logic.

So is it $25 to get in on a off weekend. The last time I rode there on a off weekend it was $10.That has been awhile.

waterman said:
So is it $25 to get in on a off weekend. The last time I rode there on a off weekend it was $10.That has been awhile.

I do not know the fees as mine always includes the RV spot.

Sent using left thumb.