• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CJ 7 Link Project

OK yall Drew been back at it ,.....heres the upper panhard rod frame mount....

DREWSJEEP6026.jpg

DREWSJEEP6019.jpg

Heres how the links mount up to the frame on the driver side........

DREWSJEEP6022.jpg

DREWSJEEP6023.jpg

Heres the start of the axle upper link mount,,,,,,

DREWSJEEP6024.jpg

DREWSJEEP6025.jpg

bottom view....

DREWSJEEP6021.jpg

a little flex testing,,,,,,

DREWSJEEP6030.jpg

DREWSJEEP6031.jpg

Next up is some upper coil bucket mock up / build ,.......

DREWSJEEP6065.jpg

DREWSJEEP6069.jpg

DREWSJEEP6076.jpg

DREWSJEEP6075.jpg

DREWSJEEP6071.jpg

DREWSJEEP6078.jpg

DREWSJEEP6084.jpg

DREWSJEEP6039.jpg

DREWSJEEP6040.jpg

DREWSJEEP6033.jpg

DREWSJEEP6035.jpg

DREWSJEEP6045.jpg

DREWSJEEP6059.jpg

DREWSJEEP6073.jpg

DREWSJEEP6074.jpg

Heres the coils that will be used in the front, DREWS COLOR, PEPSI BLUE ;D ;D ;D ;D

DREWSJEEP6067.jpg

DREWSJEEP6068.jpg

Please note that EVERY bracket you just seen will have more DIMPLE DIED PLATE work attached to them than something out of the "MATRIX" when Drew is done with them :****:

;D

Got over to Drews last night to check on his progress and get some new pics ,,,gettin close now yall....heres the pass. side axle link mount finished up and ready for paint....

DREWSJEEP7004.jpg

DREWSJEEP7005.jpg

DREWSJEEP7006.jpg

DREWSJEEP7007.jpg

DREWSJEEP7011.jpg

DREWSJEEP7054.jpg

DREWSJEEP7055.jpg

DREWSJEEP7056.jpg

Next is the upper link frame mount finish up, Drew custom machined a steel sleeve thingy, weldered it into the frame, then added an extra brace on the inside of the frame rail.....

DREWSJEEP7025.jpg

DREWSJEEP7026.jpg

DREWSJEEP7030.jpg

DREWSJEEP7031.jpg

DREWSJEEP7032.jpg

DREWSJEEP7033.jpg

DREWSJEEP7034.jpg

Heres how the upper link mount looks on the outside of the frame......like a weird bolt poking outta the frame....

DREWSJEEP7036.jpg

more comim.......

Heres the Jeep with the front axle rolled out in front of it for final welds & paint,,,,I told him to welder that **** up rite there and go AETNA STYLE loller.gif

DREWSJEEP7023.jpg

DREWSJEEP7022.jpg

DREWSJEEP7024.jpg

Next up comes a brace for the upper link tower on the axle......

DREWSJEEP7046.jpg

DREWSJEEP7059.jpg

Drew done bringed out the "funny lookin welder" for this bracket....

DREWSJEEP7061.jpg

DREWSJEEP7071.jpg

DREWSJEEP7062.jpg

and here it sits ready to get "glued" on.....

DREWSJEEP7078.jpg

I did not make it over there in time to get pics of the upper coil mount buckets before the primer & paint, so heres the "SHINEY" versions....

DREWSJEEP7040.jpg

DREWSJEEP7039.jpg

DREWSJEEP7043.jpg

DREWSJEEP7041.jpg

heres the driver side tied into the panhard upper link mount.......

DREWSJEEP7017.jpg

DREWSJEEP7015.jpg

THATS ALL FOR NOW FOLKS..............

;D

What kind of camera are you using for these shots? Looks like it shoots great in any light.

Bout a 8 year old CANON REBEL XT EOS digital, and yes I have to switch around the light settings & crap :spin:

I,m basically a "POINT & SHOOT IDIOT" with a good camera :eek:

THANKS YALL

Drew was the man with the plan when we raised the belly in mine and went to 2.25 7075 Solid Alum lower links on my junk. One things for sure, you can not accuse him of rushing a project. His thought processs is extremely complete on every item made and fitted.

Bob ,that is why I am so PROUD that Drew is finally aluminum linkin his , because he has done so many aluminum links for a lot of us :dblthumb:

I think the rig count so far is 5 including his :dunno:

and yes ,, I simply cannot control myself from takin pics of **** on fire or sparks ;D

Drew does his dimpledies the old fashioned way, he machined out some dies, but you still have to drill the holes out, then put them in the press to dimple em ,

a lot slower process but it works :dblthumb:

I will be gettin some updates soon,,,,,gettin close now yall :eat:

I am kinda worried about this project Drew. It appears that you may have been so consumed with perfection, that you have not truly had the opportunity to enjoy the shop atmosphere and build challenges the way a true fabricator should. I can't let that experience pass you by and do nothing to help a friend out. So look here, hurry up and get that one done for RBD, then I will let you take my old rust bucket 61 Willy's home with you to link out for practice and enjoyment of the build. BTW, I have a new tub you can mount up while you're at it if you get bored. Calie says you can swap out the granny four speed for an automatic so she can take it to college with her next year. I sure feel better now knowing I can be of help. :flipoff1: [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

rock yuppie said:
I am kinda worried about this project Drew. It appears that you may have been so consumed with perfection, that you have not truly had the opportunity to enjoy the shop atmosphere and build challenges the way a true fabricator should. I can't let that experience pass you by and do nothing to help a friend out. So look here, hurry up and get that one done for RBD, then I will let you take my old rust bucket 61 Willy's home with you to link out for practice and enjoyment of the build. BTW, I have a new tub you can mount up while you're at it if you get bored. Calie says you can swap out the granny four speed for an automatic so she can take it to college with her next year. I sure feel better now knowing I can be of help. :flipoff1: [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Well I'd like to see how mine operates before I just fly in on another one. I'm not say'n I won't help you out, but give me a minute to catch my breath. Julio sho does take some cool pictures don't he. I found that one of my old shocks on the front end is shot from years of abuse, so I'll have to see what I'm gonna do about that. The front end is back under it and re-attached with the aluminum links in place. Julio better get here soon with the camera or it will be done before he can get the last pictures. I still have to get some exhaust put under it. I'll see ya soon I hope.

Hell you need to stop paintin **** before the heat from welderin it up even has a chance to cool off out of it and I can get over there to take the damn pics :****:

I don,t have the same damn VAMPIRE work hours that you do :flipoff1:

I am headed that way today bout 6:30 er so,......so just CALM DOWN till I get there ;D

Drew how is it going. I was going to try to come by saturday but it does not look like that is goign to happen. I sure hope this is going to be done for RBD. Let me know if I can do anything.

biscuit said:
Drew how is it going. I was going to try to come by saturday but it does not look like that is goign to happen. I sure hope this is going to be done for RBD. Let me know if I can do anything.

Hey "Apple Man", you going to have your apple cart at RBD?[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] :flipoff1:

Just kidding, I like the green paint. thumb.gif

rock yuppie said:
Hey "Apple Man", you going to have your apple cart at RBD?[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] :flipoff1:

Just kidding, I like the green paint. thumb.gif
Yes sir I will be there. I can't wait.

biscuit said:
Going to have the exhaust ran on wednsday. I buttoned up alot of little crap on sunday. Everything looks good so far, but I haven't drove it yet. I guess we'll see on wednsday. I'll call you and let you know.

Last Rebel said:
Going to have the exhaust ran on wednsday. I buttoned up alot of little crap on sunday. Everything looks good so far, but I haven't drove it yet. I guess we'll see on wednsday. I'll call you and let you know.

Cool keep me posted. Who is goign to do your exhaust? I am sure that it will drive fine.