• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark's Buggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the links for anyone who was curious about them.

DSCN1383.jpg

DSCN1384.jpg

DSCN1385.jpg

DSCN1387.jpg

DSCN1388.jpg

DSCN1389.jpg

I also made a new bracket for the cooler in front. and mounted the grill, it was setting in there before. Also pics of the floor without the plastic.

DSCN1373-1.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1379.jpg

DSCN1380.jpg

Progressing at a snails pace:booo:

And alas the mega bling fuel pickup i just got in the mail, i've got one for each corner, no pickup issues unless i'm out of gas.

or upside down:hi:

Another comment. Move that atlas support rig 180 degrees. If ya belly out hard it could break the trans where the t-case mounts.

looks like you picked up a good project to finish CW :awesomework:

Should be a sick rig when your done. keep us posted :cool:

And alas the mega bling fuel pickup i just got in the mail, i've got one for each corner, no pickup issues unless i'm out of gas.

or upside down:hi:

Thats why you weight the pickups so they'll flop to whatever is the bottom of the tank. :flipoff:

i was told it's been flexed out and everything clears, no binding. So i'm assuming (yeah i know) that i shouldn't have to limit anything except the full extension of the shock. worst case scenario i can just box in the mounts, and put the bolts through like normal. Absolute worst ever case scenario possible known to man, i rebuild over the winter with an S&N chassis:fawkdancesmiley:

Got the rear tape off, and turned into tube.:D Also figured out a good way to flip the atlas suppurt ring. I'll do that later when the seats come back out.

DSCN1411.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

Shop Security

DSCN1400.jpg

......i shouldn't have to limit anything except the full extension of the shock.....

I think they have that built into the shock......it's called the 'end of travel'. :redneck:

No one's rig is perfect, just build it and wheel it.......****'s always changing.

Meh......:;

Not anything picture worthy, but i'm working on mounting my atlas support ring from above, rather than below, would like to avoid snapping my trans in 1/2 after smaking a rock, right on the atlas support. Mounting from above will provide that extra bit of insurance. I made a list of things i need to finish fabbing before i paint the chassis, it's pretty rediculous. I need to get the ball rolling quick if i'm going to wheel before winter:masturbanana[1]:

Wow look at that progress:rolleyes:

got the mount cut up, but i'm STILL waiting on a die for my bender i ordered last week, hopefully it get's here soon, this striaight peice of tube isn't going to bend itself.:haha:

I also made it out to see Patrick at Those Guys in Bremerton to pick up my orbital valve. Pat is a super nice guy, anyone thinking about anything, talk to him, Those Gals also just took First Place at the comp in Oroville.:cool:

Tomorrow i'm going to start on making a fuel cell mount, rear winch mount, once my dies get here and the atlas mount is done, i'll put the seats back in and do the shifter, cutting brake, brake assembly and steering wheel. No longer waiting on parts, just tools, and my slow ass:D

DSCN1435.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

DSCN1436.jpg

holy **** i missed out on aloy in the last week. well im going to have to head out there and check this beast out soon it sounds like.:awesomework:

call me up when you want to come out, i'll be working on it late tonight, and probably every day til it's done. I got some tube gussets done for the roof, and welded a bunch of stuff, trying to kill time til the die gets here.

DSCN1440.jpg

DSCN1444.jpg

I also made it out to see Patrick at Those Guys in Bremerton to pick up my orbital valve. Pat is a super nice guy, anyone thinking about anything, talk to him, Those Gals also just took First Place at the comp in Oroville.

It was nice to meet you and give you the tour, rig is looking good.

Ya I like the build... I looks good. Can you give me the theory of the tail housing support on the atlas?

being i have a Turbo 350 trans, the extra weight of the atlas hanging off the tranmission tail housing has been known to break trans cases. It's also been proven that if you mount the Atlas support ring to the belly, and you smack the belly hard near that support ring, you can also snap your trans case. I'm mounting mine from above so that the atlas is supported, but if i smack the skid hard, it can dent and bend, and the mount will never move. Some people have run the mount like mine "was" and gotten away with it, some have destoyed their trans. I think the most recent carnage was a torchmate buggy that i saw on Pirate.

I've also been advised to flip it by some guys on here with more experience than myself. So for the sake of peice of mind, and learning from other peoples mistakes and experiences, i made the choice to switch.

Then there is also the debate weather or not the support ring is even needed. Some people swear by them, some swear against them. To each their own.

being i have a Turbo 350 trans, the extra weight of the atlas hanging off the tranmission tail housing has been known to break trans cases. It's also been proven that if you mount the Atlas support ring to the belly, and you smack the belly hard near that support ring, you can also snap your trans case. I'm mounting mine from above so that the atlas is supported, but if i smack the skid hard, it can dent and bend, and the mount will never move. Some people have run the mount like mine "was" and gotten away with it, some have destoyed their trans. I think the most recent carnage was a torchmate buggy that i saw on Pirate.

I've also been advised to flip it by some guys on here with more experience than myself. So for the sake of peice of mind, and learning from other peoples mistakes and experiences, i made the choice to switch.

Then there is also the debate weather or not the support ring is even needed. Some people swear by them, some swear against them. To each their own.

Ok I understand. So you dont have the mount on the adapter between the Atlas and TH350. BTW I have the same setup but my adapter had the mount on the bass of it that goes the the skid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts