• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark's Buggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the mount on the adapter too. But it doesn't mount to the belly it mounts to a crossmember that runs from side to side. suspended above the belly. Any impacts on the skid area won't affect the mounts at all.

I have the mount on the adapter too. But it doesn't mount to the belly it mounts to a crossmember that runs from side to side. suspended above the belly. Any impacts on the skid area won't affect the mounts at all.

Ya thats a good way to do it. I like that idea. I got all my links done for the rear and got the rear sitting on tires tonight along with the motor being supported by its mounts. Yah for me! :awesomework:

sorry i didn't make it out clark, i ended up working on the bug late and after i cleaned up and everything my mom asked if i wanted to watch a movie with her since her bf is outa town and she's bored.(that and i haven't seen her in forever..)

but ill ill try to make it out in the next few days :awesomework:

made a small amount of progress. and thought a lot. Got the fuel cell mount half done, still waiting on the damn die, maybe it will come this week. Jeremi(sly-yota) cut some caps out for some tubes, and i welded them on. Thought some more, cleaned up the shop, and tried to stay cool, it's hawt as fawk. My goal this week is to finish the atlas support ring, and fuel cell mount (when the die comes, did i mention the die is pissing me off). mount the steering wheel/orbital, mount pedals, mount the ecu, rear winch, shifter, cutting brake, and battery mounts, And a fuel pump bracket. By Friday. Doesn't sound like much but at the rate i worked last week, it should be a lot more progress. I think i've spent more time thinking about how everything is going to work and go together, than i have actually working on it.

DSCN1448.jpg

DSCN1453.jpg

anyone know who makes these high steer arms?

DSCN1455.jpg

am i going to have problems with this ram mount? it fits this way on both sides. it's centered right there, not shifted to the other side.

DSCN1456.jpg

Last edited:
I would tack weld some stops on the ram incase those clamps losen up. Ive seen it happen too many times.

sorry i had to bail so quick last night bud, by the time i got maybe 4 blocks away i started feeling sick to my stomache and my migrain kicked my azz. felt ilike i was going to throw up and i couldnt hardly focus the whole way home.. :mad:

btw .... jeremI :corn:

Last edited:
I would tack weld some stops on the ram incase those clamps losen up. Ive seen it happen too many times.

his ram is the old style psc and it can slide side to side because the part of the clamps have a smaller holl than the body of the ram. did that make sence to anybody well anyway dont have to worry about it just put some lock tight on the bolts.

excellent information. Thanks guys, Sarg, the axles i WAS going to sell were infact both 35 spline inners. the outer was 30 spline. Thankyou for saving me from making a stupid mistake. I will be keeping them for spares. I will also make sure to locktite the ram. :beer:

looked up MAD 4wd, those are what i've got. Again, thank you.:beer:

clark, are you able to pull your t case and trans out the bottom or do they have to come out the top? Can you snap some pics of the belly of the chassis? Thanks

the trans HAS to come out the top, the tcase can butter up and squeeze through the back once i get rid of the lower mount that used to be for the ASR. I'll get pics of the belly, it's a square with diagonals going on each corner, there is a hole in the center big enough to drop the pan on the trans if need be.

MS Paint of the belly lower links and drivetrain :redneck:

buggybellypaint.jpg

holy **** clark...you has MAD ms paint skillz!

you should totally draw up a badass rendering of my yota!:fawkdancesmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts