• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark's Buggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's all good, looks like you guys had a good time up in Canada :cool: When are you guys going out next? need someone to ride bitch? I want to get out, and see some buggy action. Almost went to the cleanup, but my seat fell through at the last minute.

Got my Torch height control mounted, and electronics sorted out. And cleaned up the mountain of garbage left behind from this thing. I need air and power to the table now.:stirpot:

Probably not till after the first of sept. We have a tentative trip to funny rocks planned for labor day weekend.. That would be fun for ya!!!!!:awesomework:

clark, are you able to pull your t case and trans out the bottom or do they have to come out the top? Can you snap some pics of the belly of the chassis? Thanks

sorry about the wait, but i got em.:;

DSCN1529.jpg

DSCN1530.jpg

DSCN1531.jpg

DSCN1532.jpg

hey clark..i have an idea...how about we get yours done so you dont have to ride bitch? WOw thats an awesome idea!

im so smart i know... :awesomework:

:fawkdancesmiley:

what kind of pillow block is that? Where did you get that one?:corn:

i'm not sure what kind of pillow block. it was already in when i got it. I'll take a look and see if it says anything on it, i can identify it by.

Thanks AGAIN Sarg, you know more about my rig than i do, it's almost embarassing.:kiss: I know my drivelines are all driveline tech, didn't know the pillow block is too.

lower link mnts

The car will perfom better if the lower links fr&rr were lower on the chassis and shorted up some. I don't mean below the center line of the tube. Right know they are also going to be a hang up point also. On the front u would get more drive line clearence when the front suspension is at full extension.

The car will perfom better if the lower links fr&rr were lower on the chassis and shorted up some. I don't mean below the center line of the tube. Right know they are also going to be a hang up point also. On the front u would get more drive line clearence when the front suspension is at full extension.

I think you are completely correct, and i appreciate the constructive critisism. However, i will be going so far backwards by redoing the links, that i'm going to leave them for now. If the issues actually become a problem, i can change it later. just as easily as i could change it now. I will keep thinking about that.:awesomework:

understandable but

You will have alot more stuff in the way if u chage it later, and if ur worried about shorting the links just give Bunk a call, and have the ends turned out of the lower links and reuse them. Then buy 8 premade tabs, or cut them ur self one your new plasma table:flipoff:. The lower link angles being as flat as possible is one of the most important things on a buggys suspension working well. believe me.

if i shorten the links, and lower the mounting point, what will that do to my geometry? To be honest, i'm not even sure how my geometry is right now. It'll also make it so i have 4 different lenths of link. right now i have eqaul length links front, and equal length rears. I'm assuming you're talking about mounting them like the lowers are on the rear axle correct? so if i was to slide over something there is no transition between the frame and links, where as right now i have a 3" crevis to hang up on right? My links right now sit slightly up at full bump, level at 2" uptravel, and slightly down at 4-6" uptravel. if i moved them, i'd be level at 4-6".......... Lot's to think about.....

What is really sad is i'm thinking about how i'd do my next one different already. Between the upper link mounts, these lower links, rear radiator, and chassis width, and legroom. would i be a fool to try and swap all this into an S&N chassis? and get it right on the first try... I mean at this point, i'm balls deep in it.

Good thing i've been working on my table and not the buggy this week, lots of time to think......

DSCN1538.jpg

Nice table. Make sure you post up how it works for you out of the box and how much tweaking you need to do to get it to run nice.

I've been eyeing them for a year now, and am pushing my dad to buy one for his business so I don't need to get one for mine :redneck:

I'd listen to James on the lower link tabs. Your gaining nothing by having them up above the cross member tubes other than a nice belly hanger.

I will make sure to let you know exactly how it works.:awesomework: So far i can vouch that their customer service is top notch, and so is the tech support, the instructions are rather vaugue and i had a few questions. I called and got answers instantly, no holding, no bs, the guys have tables in the shop, they are the ones who know the machines, not joe blow on a computer reading a manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts