• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark's Buggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to james in regards to yer suspension. Hes done a few. I can shorten your links for cheap(if its only machine work) or i can make you some new ones if you want to go that way. Pretty reasonable pricing either way.

UUGH, weld in inserts.

these links are tapped. Weld in bungs only on the steering, and they are going to be spares, once i get some bling aluminum ones. I'll let you know what happens. Gotta go back to the drawing board it seems:booo:

instead of making my links shorter, could i just move them closer together and keep the length? it would work on the rear, the front will be too close to the oil pan if i move them closer together, if i got a car oil pan, i'd be able to clear the front too.

Or would i be better off to keep them at the same seperation, and just make the lowers shorter?

also while were on the subject of fixing my ****, what about these truss'. I've had mixed feelings all along about them. what's your $0.02?

If i end up changing much else i'm going to have to reconsider the s&n chassis.... OR if it's too late, build another one myself. I can totally see why buying something that's been figured out is well worth it.:masturbanana[1]:

Please guys, if you see ANYTHING else that looks like i need to do something about it, now is the time to tell me. I don't want to keep going backwards just when i think i'm all downhill......:D

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1541.jpg

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg

DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

No need to abandon the chassis over a couple tabs getting moved. :redneck:

Get it wheeling change the diff trusses later when you get good with the plasma :awesomework:

you are right about abondoning the chassis over some tabs. However, i've been having second thoughts on a lot of the chassis design. One of the major things is the inside width. I have got 44-46" chassis width, inside the drivers compartment. 44" at the dash, and 46" at the back of the seats. In addition, legroom is less than i'd like, i have room for my left leg, but my right foot and gas pedal are really cramped, and i haven't even built a tranny tunnel or firewall yet. The link set up is less than ideal, although i'm sure i'd be able to wheel it. My floors are small, and short. To be honest, posting pictures makes the overall quality seem better than it is. I'm at a turning point, and need to make a decision tonight, as to making this chassis work, or making a new one.

At the end of the day there isn't really much done on this chassis. I've got seat tabs, radiator mount, winch mount, grill mount, steering cooler mount, trans cooler mount, engine and tranny mounts, and shock mounts. The link mounts i'm not counting since they need to be addressed.

So i'm counting a total of 10 things done, over 100 to go. IF i were to purchase a new chassis with link mounts and shock mounts already done. I could get it back to where it is now in a week. Plus i could sell my current chassis to help make up the difference.

I'm plan on keeping this for a long time, and don't want to wish i'd done it a different way, i mean i'm going all out on this thing and my goal is to have the best of the best. I know i don't NEED a new chassis, and hell i don't NEED a buggy.

So S&N bravo 2????? I know i want it, i know it's a better chassis, i know i'll be happier with it. I'm just trying to find a way to fit it in the budget. But i need to make up my mind tonight (sounds like it's already made up huh?).

On a brighter side of things, i got my table a little further along, i got the electronics almost all hooked up, and just need to tie up a few loose ends, I'm hoping to cut soon!!:D

DSCN1623.jpg

DSCN1625.jpg

I would run another tube in the middle of the "belly diamond" and sheet it up. If the links only need tapping i would just work a labor trade with ya(machining 4 plasma work)

I would avoid triangulating the lower links too much(personal preference/lower links get bent much easier. I see ur point on your upper and lower links being the same length,so if you only shorten the lowers that could also cause problems.

i'm back on track guys.

1) I'm going to leave the links alone until i can atleast try it out once. If the lnks still suck then, i'll atleast be motivated to change them

2) I'm going to continue plugging away on this chassis.

3) I'm going to focus on finishing this. Too much time thinking about what if's got me all screwed up. Better to wheel a POS than have one with really good intentions sitting in the garage.

4) Boobies:fawkdancesmiley:

im not sure that you would be able to even get a sn bravo at this point
you should call them and see if its even a possibility before you get your heart set on one.
bunk can tell you better than anyone that you should build it right the first time
exactly the way you want it
hard to go backwards
my .02
what hypertherm is that 1000?
does your table have a auto hight adjustment for the torch?

I think that is a good plan. get some **** done, and keep the pics comin.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

im not sure that you would be able to even get a sn bravo at this point
you should call them and see if its even a possibility before you get your heart set on one.
bunk can tell you better than anyone that you should build it right the first time
exactly the way you want it
hard to go backwards
my .02
what hypertherm is that 1000?
does your table have a auto hight adjustment for the torch?

You saying bunk should have just got the s/n chassis from the get go?

it's a 1250, yes i have the height control:cool:

table is damn near ready to cut, a few more loose ends tomorrow, and some air and some 220 and i'm in business.:cool:

DSCN1626.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

DSCN1630.jpg

DSCN1633.jpg

DSCN1635.jpg

DSCN1636.jpg

saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! about damn time slacker!:fawkdancesmiley:

so...whatcha gunna make me? :corn::redneck:

BOOOOOOBIES FTW! :awesomework:

that table looks good,

As for the chassie I feel your pain , I bought an almost finished buggy a few years ago and finished it, when it showed up I was heart broken , I had just droped 20k on a pile, But I finished it and found the weak things, improved them built other things to the way I wanted them and in the end it works pretty good.

You'll be laughing like a little school girl when you fire that off for the first time. We sat there and would just keep cutting little tabs and laugh at how silly quick and cool it is. Like I said when you were here, if you have any questions when the techs are gone give me a shout, I may be able to help you.

Call S&N and see if they are making any more, If not ask to be on the list if some guy desides that he does not want one of the 4 they have in the shop now. As of now they are still going out of business on Sep. 1. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts