• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cleaning, Cleaning, cleaning

Cole1

I was thinking about it the last couple weeks when ive been picking up parts for my toyotas how much it sucks to clean parts befor eyou install them. I just picked up a housing and wanted it all nice and clean before I throw it under the truck and was not looking forward to using the wirebrush on it. A freind of a friend does mobile soda blasting/ sandblasting/ pressure washing so I took my axles over to him today to get soda blasted. I was quite impressed with the end result of nice new shiney metal housings and the soda didnt even do any damage to the seals that were still in the axles.

Whats your guys take on soda blasting or sandblasting parts for cleaning?

Ill post up some pics later since im working on primering and painting one of the housings now.:awesomework:

Me and my boss are restoring his 69 Charger. He bought a habor frieght sand blasting cabinet for this job, and I don't even want to imagine how much time, and aches it has saved us in the car sofar, and we aren't even done.

It is nice to just sit there and spray and get all the old paint off, but how easily it cleans the rust off is what I like most.