• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilovers & 54 boggers help

Man I'm no expert, but I'd say it will have WAY more to do with the link setup than the axles or coilovers I also wouldn't think the tires have anything to do with wheel hop

Look at Rigs that DON'T have any wheel hop and adjust your links to favor them...
Again just my .02

TURNEROFFROAD said:
Man I'm no expert, but I'd say it will have WAY more to do with the link setup than the axles or coilovers I also wouldn't think the tires have anything to do with wheel hop

Look at Rigs that DON'T have any wheel hop and adjust your links to favor them...
Again just my .02

x2

rkey had 54s on his old buggie. dont remember any wheel hop. he might chime in.

Ive seen this before with a friends old buggy, those 54's have such a tall sidewall thats where the hop came from. Not good for climbing steep hills but Great on the rocks and creek beds

b5010 said:
Wanted to know if anyone with 2.5 tons & 54's have a lot of wheel hop?

I've seen your buggy wheel a few times. It seems like the you are getting "tire hop" rather than actual "wheel hop" from the suspension.

I recently put 38.5s on my 4runner and i get a little sidewall hop now that I didn't get before with the 35s.

Specifically when you are climbing a vertical ledge and the tire wraps up and breaks traction, causing a bit of bounce.

That video does look like you're getting tire bounce more so than suspension hop. What PSI are you running them at? Have you tried it really low (like 2 psi; wouldn't take much to hold up your buggy I bet). If you come out to HPO sometime you can run my 44's if I can try your 54's later on when I get my buggy together.

After watching that video, looks like the suspension is too hard. You gettin alot of rebound. I think you can fix this with shock/coilover adjustments. Maybe send this video to Fox or whatever coilovers you have technical ppl. Nice buggy tho!!! thumb.gif

greenlion said:
That video does look like you're getting tire bounce more so than suspension hop. What PSI are you running them at? Have you tried it really low (like 2 psi; wouldn't take much to hold up your buggy I bet). If you come out to HPO sometime you can run my 44's if I can try your 54's later on when I get my buggy together.

Thanks on the 44's. Hope to get up ther soon. On boat ramp i had 4 psi in them,went back,a few weeks later with 2psi in them and slid back into a rock cut the side wall,haven't got to try it after that

HEAVY CHEVY said:
After watching that video, looks like the suspension is too hard. You gettin alot of rebound. I think you can fix this with shock/coilover adjustments. Maybe send this video to Fox or whatever coilovers you have technical ppl. Nice buggy tho!!! thumb.gif

I have some softer spring will try it.
Thanks for the replys(all)