• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cold start Ideal

Looked quickly and couldnt find a spec in the FSM. They only tell you how to set the regular idle speed for the 22RE, but its an 85 FSM, so maybe a newer one? I dont know that its even adjustable since I think its ECU controlled...

~T.J.

Dear Jay1;
If my memory serves, the cold idle is around 950 to 1000 and warm is 700 to 750.
Your friend;
LAMAR

84Toyota4x4 said:
Looked quickly and couldnt find a spec in the FSM. They only tell you how to set the regular idle speed for the 22RE, but its an 85 FSM, so maybe a newer one? I dont know that its even adjustable since I think its ECU controlled...

~T.J.
Nope, it's controlled by the idle air valve which is under the intake. It gets gummed up and won't open anymore. Upgrade to the 88 or newer throttle body to get rid of it, direct swap. Just make sure you get the TPS off the newer one, you'll need the little metal plate that contacts the throttle.

Cold idle should start up around 1200-1300 in neutral.

Jay1 said:
Is their a way to adjust it or clean the air valve?
As I recall you can't really open them up, but you can spray it out with carb cleaner.

There is a little (8mm?) nut on the side of it that's covered in paint at the factory. Bust it loose and you can adjust it that way.