• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Colorado

race_jeep

Thinking about taking a road trip to Colorado over Christmas, I don't know **** about it other than there's mountains and breweries, any suggestions on where to stay near Denver? I'd prefer to stay outside of the city.

cheech-chong-colorado.jpg

I built a few places up in Telluride and loved the place. Beautiful scenery, great eats, wheeling, skiing, places to stay, etc. Fly into Montrose, rent a car and drive to Telluride. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
I built a few places up in Telluride and loved the place. Beautiful scenery, great eats, wheeling, skiing, places to stay, etc. Fly into Montrose, rent a car and drive to Telluride. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

I'd love to visit Montrose because there's a brewery there I want to visit, n that area seems awesome for exploring, but I need to be within 30 mins of Denver for business

Ft. Collins is nice, lots of distilleries and breweries and it's not far from Denver. Keep in mind with the altitude you don't have to drink as much and it will sneak up on you.

Telluride is too rich for my blood but it is pretty awesome. I'm a huge fan of Ouray, Leadville, and Grand Lake(snowmobile rentals)

Been from one side of the state to another and my favorite of them all is Winter Park. It is not far from Denver about 1.5 hrs and will definitely have snow with it being on the north side of the mountain. You can explore the national forrest and tbe town is very laid back.
Steam Boat Srings is another great place for me but its on over the mountain several hrs
If you drive it I suggest coming from Texas north its a nicer senic route to me vs coming from the east.

As far as 30 minutes away I cant help there

Cubby said:
Telluride is too rich for my blood but it is pretty awesome. I'm a huge fan of Ouray, Leadville, and Grand Lake(snowmobile rentals)

If you want to see what wheeling Colorado looks like, check out Ingram falls. Crazy beautiful place.

ADMINISTRATOR

wont work said:
If you drive it I suggest coming from Texas north its a nicer senic route to me vs coming from the east.

Truth right there. The drive across Kansas sucks, whole lot of nothing but wind. We went through NM and Texas last time and it was beautiful. GPS will take you on some crazy sounding roads like Slaughter house rd and such but it's a nice drive.