• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

common mods

smr4runner

Bearings for TLT Axles

Hey Ya'll,
I'm piecing my next project together and was looking at Tower for TLT axle ball bearings.
All I could find was this Ball Bearings.
Is this the correct stock that I should be getting? I ask because the instructions only show 12 needed as oppose to the 20 you get with stock number LXGPN0 .

ManiacMagoo said:
You need 2 for each knuckle, 2 for each shaft, 1 for the pinion and if I did my math right it was 18 but I havent had one apart in awhile. I ordered mine from tower and it was under $20 shipped for them. :redneck:

Looks like the price may have gone up if I'm looking at it right. They want $26.99 for TLT-1 Bearings from Tower and there not sealed.
I'll check my bag of bushing to verify but it appears that there all the same size 11x5mm.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
please post some "common mods" and also Part numbers here if you have them, I am making this a sticky, so that newbies like me can go here to get P/N's or ideas, links are okay if they are still valid, thats one thing that I noticed on RCC is that some of the links dont work anymore, links to hobbie shops are good, and even better if the link goes right to the part :D thanks in advance also please specify which make, and model/scale your mod/part/link is for

smr4runner said:
Hey Ya'll,
I'm piecing my next project together and was looking at Tower for TLT axle ball bearings.
All I could find was this Ball Bearings.
Is this the correct stock that I should be getting? I ask because the instructions only show 12 needed as oppose to the 20 you get with stock number LXGPN0 .
You do need 20. 10 for each rearend.:D

Mike, I bought a cheap set off EBay, it was like $15, but it took at least two weeks to ship from China. I'm sure they aren't the best quality, but the RPM's are so low, I really don't think it will be an issue, but time will tell. And yes, 20 is what you need, all the same size, two for each axle shaft, two for the pinion, and two for each hub for each axle.

Thanks for the info ya'll.

I forgot about this post.
I may be losing my head but it appears that we are missing previous replies from this thread as there were more replies past my last post in 05-05. Of which I explained that I purchased my bearings a week later after Torry pointed me to Avids link. Thanks again Torry.

The cost to me was $20 for double sealed bearings (on both sides).
Real good people to deal with. He have me 10 extra more bearing because he was out of the color that he had on his site. Didn't matter to me cuz you won't see them but a good gesture none the less.

Taking my time on the shafty.
Just recieved my Black SW2 a last week.
Only a few more things to pick up but no time to put all together.
attachment.php

this is a thread that I started and merged older posts that had some tech, and part numbers/links that I felt were important, I apologize for the confusion, but am trying to adapt and clean up old stuff since dude's untimely departure from this board.

please keep the common mods coming, and links as well, thanks

Don