• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Concerning Reiter--up and coming.

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Ok---we just got word tonight that---for those who are driving on any paved portions of the road. if your not street legal (bumpers/mud flaps, ect) be ready to get like a $130 ticket..

As explained tonight--this is coming down from the county but DNR will also be responding and issuing citations along with any country LEO's.

Now I fully understand you cannot get from lower/upper sections without hitting the pavement and I have brought this issue up with DNR and they do understand this (as stated this is out of DNR's control) and I am meeting with david way on saturday to look at some options to help resolve this conflict. But as stated by the DNR---resources to help with this issue are slim--and may be requesting volunteer assistance like and RTW work party..

Sounds like this is not going to be hit hard right now (citations) but will be this summer. So if we can get the word out along with making it possable to get to/from the upper areas easily it will ease any problems--I hope.

Damn, will keep an eye out here for a planned work party to maybe lend a hand with whatever....:awesomework:

So crossing the road at the bottom of sack-up then crossing the road at the powerline road not an option? This is really the only place you need to touch pavement...

If you can not make it back up poopchute you could have an issue...

So crossing the road at the bottom of sack-up then crossing the road at the powerline road not an option? This is really the only place you need to touch pavement...

If you can not make it back up poopchute you could have an issue...

Crossing is one thing--driving is another--My reference was to driving on the pavement. We have to basically follow the rules of how bikes/quads do it.

And most cannot make it back up poopchute. And with the increased traffic of those trying to get up it--well you know how soft the ground is on that climb.

And thats why I see we need another access route because all I see are headaches from this.

From my understanding tonight at the meeting if you are just crossing the road that is going to be fine but no traveling down the road AT ALL!

Crossing the road vs. driving on the road........

These discussions mean nothing to half the people reading this, as they don't have the intimate knowlegde of the roads and trail system as the other half do. So here is a map (route is traced silver) showing the route one would take to avoid the paved (Reiter) road.

If you can't read a map (or you and your rig can't do either the Stair Step and drive up the Poop Chute) I can't help you. The example on the map would take you from the main parking area to Rhino Land.

Reiter_Upper_Access.jpg

Last edited:
im sure my rig could make that route, but what happens when every one goes that way? then a big cluster fawk. when lesser rigs and drivers are stuck..
driving on the road is always an issue, so dnr will have to give the ok to make some new trails(access). to the top ares. this could be good.

Crossing the road vs. driving on the road........

These discussions mean nothing to half the people reading this, as they don't have the intimate knowlegde of the roads and trail system as the other half do. So here is a map (route is traced silver) showing the route one would take to avoid the paved (Reiter) road.

If you can't read a map (or you and your rig can't do either the Stair Step and drive up the Poop Chute) I can't help you. The example on the map would take you from the main parking area to Rhino Land.

Reiter_Upper_Access.jpg

Or you could take 4W142 and go through the mud holes down below and cross the roa at the fish hatchery and continue on and cross at the second point you have highlted as being a crossing

Or you could take 4W142 and go through the mud holes down below and cross the roa at the fish hatchery and continue on and cross at the second point you have highlted as being a crossing

I think the map is misleading in regards to 4W142, there is limited access to this trail from the parking lot end, I believe it's only large enough for a motorcycle.

I think the map is misleading in regards to 4W142, there is limited access to this trail from the parking lot end, I believe it's only large enough for a motorcycle.

I just thought about that, only time i have ever done it on a motorcycle now that i am thnking about it. And i cant remember if the trail is big enough for a rig or not:mad:

im sure my rig could make that route, but what happens when every one goes that way? then a big cluster fawk. when lesser rigs and drivers are stuck..
driving on the road is always an issue, so dnr will have to give the ok to make some new trails(access). to the top ares. this could be good.

"Will" have---- Ya, right. Since you don't get involved--go and talk to hippy, he will clue you in.

If that is the one that comes out across from the sac-up entrance (across the road and you can go left or right about 100yds in to connect), it can be done in a truck, it then loops up to that other sandy hill entrance that leads up to under the powerlines, I am speaking from about two years ago though.... it might have grown over....:eeek:

You can make it on a quad (barely), just real tight against the guardrail.

should just make a trail from the bottom of sackup and the start of whatever that trail is called (hill climb) too the upper trail's..it would only be around 50yard's max.

king extreme already started it it just needs to be punched through.

should just make a trail from the bottom of sackup and the start of whatever that trail is called (hill climb) too the upper trail's..it would only be around 50yard's max.

king extreme already started it it just needs to be punched through.

The DNR has stipulated a BIG NO NO due to the water. We need to stay away from that area or really bad things are going to happen. You need to cross the raod, go down the trail and back across the road...

Thats going to get that whole area shut down--due to the hill side/water.